Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maximim respek to da Blacow Krew

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

can i have the 30 seconds of my life back that i spent looking at this

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yet another quality release from the Superstars of Northern electronic music. They just keep going from strength to strength...

I really just cannot get enough of that donk!

Zascar wrote: »
    I really just cannot get enough of that donk!

As the actress said to the Bishop boom boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Legends... I remember they played a gig in the Academy a few months back. I heard it being advertised on the radio once. Not surprisingly, it was a non-alcohol event! Probably full of little scumbags gettin dropped off out of rented out limos.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Dam I woulld have loved to have gone to that.

I'd bring my tazer gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Dam I woulld have loved to have gone to that.

I'd bring my tazer gun.

Tazer? **** that bring these http://datacore.sciflicks.com/terminator_2/images/terminator_2_large_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

They played in a town near to me before and it was like I was the only one in the whole school who didnt want to go!

I was the only one in the whole school who didnt want to go!

That can be read in two different ways.

If you captain the football team and get the best looking women, you're too damn cool for that crap.

If you're the last to be picked in sports and then stuck in goals, it's got a more lonely twist...

That can be read in two different ways.

If you captain the football team and get the best looking women, you're too damn cool for that crap.

If you're the last to be picked in sports and then stuck in goals, it's got a more lonely twist...
    No I just think the Blackout Crew are shit tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PUT A BANGING DONK ON IT!

No, seriously, GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Ya see this is what happens when 'yoof' centres in disadvantaged areas decide to build studios and get the kids in to be 'creative' (if you've seen the donkumentary you'll know what I'm talking about).

I find everything they do to be hilarious even if the irony is completely lost on them and their semi-literate teenage mother/father fanbase.

If you can't laugh at the proletariat, you're taking life too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jtsuited wrote: »
    Ya see this is what happens when 'yoof' centres in disadvantaged areas decide to build studios and get the kids in to be 'creative' (if you've seen the donkumentary you'll know what I'm talking about).

I find everything they do to be hilarious even if the irony is completely lost on them and their semi-literate teenage mother/father fanbase.

Watched that, they should do that in inner city Dublin. "Put a banging ANTO on it!"

Watched that, they should do that in inner city Dublin. "Put a banging ANTO on it!"

actually I knew someone who's sister was involved in a project like that in the Fatima Mansions (I even had a cd of some tracks they made. if I can find it I'll let ye know).

Unbelievably the Fatima cd makes the blackout crew sound like Pink Floyd. It was made in about 2000 and involved some child-antos rapping about life in the hood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

I absolutely love watching their videos in the same way I like seeing plane crashes on youtube I know its wrong but I can't look away. Whenever the fat one starts rapping thinking he's the sh1t I always crack up laughing

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Holy fckin sh*t.

they're on big brother's little brother right now!!!! HAHAHA. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Chr1st this is bad.

The beats and bassline sound the exact same as Put a donk on it.

Some of he comments on youtube are funny though
    I didn't think the fat lad could look any more ridiculous - then they painted him orange

Do you know what would make this soung sound better though??

Put a bangin' donk on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Shocking song.. Really ****ing UNCOOL Chorus..

They look understandably awkward in the Video.

On wiki.answers.com - It gives their names as being:

dowie mc, spide mc, bucked your ma mc, mc scooter derivative, the paed0 collective, robert kelly

Scummers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

jtsuited wrote: »

Christ almighty...

:rolleyes:

hip hop, electro, house, techno, hardcore, jungle... all music from the margins... all music started by upwellings of creativity in urban youth circles...

you might as well go burn all your records and wipe your hard drive if you really believe what you just posted...

and massive respect to the blackout crew, big in the game!

not feeling this one so much though, the last one "dialled" was ****ing brilliant though - that verse where your man is in the meeting explaining how blackout tunes get passed around mobiles by bluetooth is possibly one of the most astute analyses of popular music consumption habits i've heard in years...

music is obviously **** mind you, but they never sound like they don't believe in what they're doing, and quite frankly they seem to have a great scene around them, and a whole grassroots music built from the ground up fuelled by people who really believe in what they're doing...

but no, this is boards.ie and all working class people should be rounded up and shot.

pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

--Jesus tap dancing christ...what the **** sort of occult like scumbag bull**** has just flashed itself before my eyes?

Christ almighty...

:rolleyes:

hip hop, electro, house, techno, hardcore, jungle... all music from the margins... all music started by upwellings of creativity in urban youth circles...

you might as well go burn all your records and wipe your hard drive if you really believe what you just posted...

jaysus chill the feck out. Did you see the video? Did you read my post?

and actually i don't listen to hip hop, electro, hardcore or jungle, which leaves techno and house.
    Which are certainly not music from the margins nowadays, by any stretch of the imagination.

but no, this is boards.ie and all working class people should be rounded up and shot.

yes that's precisely what people are saying in this thread having a bit of a laugh about blackout crew.

We're calling for the mass execution of the proles. Well observed.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

not feeling this one so much though, the last one "dialled" was ****ing brilliant though - that verse where your man is in the meeting explaining how blackout tunes get passed around mobiles by bluetooth is possibly one of the most astute analyses of popular music consumption habits i've heard in years...

music is obviously **** mind you, but they never sound like they don't believe in what they're doing, and quite frankly they seem to have a great scene around them, and a whole grassroots music built from the ground up fuelled by people who really believe in what they're doing...

pathetic

I see what your saying here, but surely the same logic could apply to to Scooter or Judge Jules then. Surely they believe in the music they promote too, it doesn't mean its their preference when it comes to tunes, its just what they think people want to hear?(just an example, not judging, to each their own)Yet they also get slated for the same sort of thing.

So just coz the BOC are working class, and some of us can relate to their background, means they're immune, even though the musics poor???

I don't think its snobbery, its just, if it looks like a turd, smells like one guess what folk are gonna call it?

pathetic
    Dude....could it be that everyone just thinks,knows they're ****!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

My sarcasm detector just packed it's bags and left :(

If we let you put a donging bank on it, will you tell us which of the above was heartfelt and which was ripping the pi$$.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

I've just completed my strongly worded email to djmag.com regarding the BLATANT oversight on their behalf of omitting this naturally musically gifted & imaginitive group of young artists from their poll. Their ever changing sound, utilising a dynamic range of genius production techniques to help in their constant struggle to make each track so SOO fresh & unique......... (As my right hand typed that, my left hand b1tch slapped me upside the head!!):eek:

Clearly, they bought a used drum machine on the cheap that was 100% except it's stuck on the 'donk' setting. All they can do is pitch it up and/or down per track. AT LEAST they don't 'random squeaky voice sample'. Djs Pulse, Cammy, Rankin, someday I WILL find you....:p

The sad thing is though, these guys are there selling out venues, on tv & making a fortune for basically making one track. Then aiming at a target audience of kids who's parents have no choice but to buy them the cds, tshirts, tickets etc. for their child to fit in.:(

OMFG!!OMFG!! I just hummed the f***ing song to myself!! It's in my head!! NOOOOOOOOOooooooo:mad::(

milltown wrote: »
    My sarcasm detector just packed it's bags and left :(

If we let you put a donging bank on it, will you tell us which of the above was heartfelt and which was ripping the pi$$.

No sarcasm!!!!

Dude....could it be that everyone just thinks,knows they're ****!!

Well they are ****, of course, but brilliantly so...

Put it this way, i'd rather kids were listening to street level cheese like the blackout crew than have them listening to cheese-cheese like cascada and dj rankin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The sad thing is though, these guys are there selling out venues, on tv & making a fortune for basically making one track. Then aiming at a target audience of kids who's parents have no choice but to buy them the cds, tshirts, tickets etc. for their child to fit in.:(
    So would you prefer to live in a world where every single kid was into uber cool music and nothing else?

Why are people always so bothered about what other people are doing? Each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I just noticed he's wearing a burberry cloak...

Niiiice.... I want one. I might even get the sewing machine out and integrate the irish flag in with it, wear it to festivals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Niiiice.... I want one. I might even get the sewing machine out and integrate the irish flag in with it, wear it to festivals etc

Here we, here we, here we effin go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

This thread is hilarious, some really funny comments on Donk that made me genuinely laugh out loud! :D

All in all, this is the epitome of everything that makes bad music...but somehow still manages to be amazingly entertaining. :D

For those of you looking to be mesmerized even more, check out the "Donk"umentary:

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/music-world/donk

Advertisement