Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Birthday Party

Options
  • 14-08-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I am planning to get some friends together for my best friend's birthday. There will be around 30people. Would it be better to have a sitting down meal, or a function room with finger food? How much would that cost?

My 1st ever time trying to organise something like that but would really want to make it special for my friend. Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Well, personally...(and this is just my personal preference, and your friend might not feel the same)...I'd probably prefer a more casual finger-foody type thing because of the number of people. If you have a sit-down meal for 30 people, then the birthday girl will get to talk to maybe 3 or 4 of the people there, and the rest will chat among themselves. Which may suit you and your party of people, but I'd feel a bit under pressure to talk to everyone if it were me.

That said, the thing I'd like best would be my few closest friends and a sit-down meal, so I could talk to everyone easily. 30 people would be more suited to a proper party type thing.

Good luck with it whatever you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

Thank you WesternNight. I agree that 30 people or so maybe a bit difficult for a sit-down meal. I will try looking into a venue where I can have some finger food and all.

Do you have any recommendation for Dublin city?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

NibNib wrote: »

Do you have any recommendation for Dublin city?

I'm on the other side of the country I'm afraid...sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

Ah ha ha :D Thanks anyway. I will try calling a few places and see!

Advertisement