Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Food Imports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

American Potato Chips, Ruffles Lays etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

dno7239 wrote: »
    American Potato Chips, Ruffles Lays etc.

Lays are practically identical to our Walkers and are available in almost all Lithuanica shops.

Would love to see some Grape soda, Nu Grape, Welch's, Minute Maid.

I'd murder someone for a can :(

Luckily enough my dad lives over in the states and sends me over all my peanut buttery needs. Seasonal M&M's Twix peanut butter are pretty nice. Pay Day's. Take 5's are amazing and Babe Ruth's.

I think Fallon and Byrne is a total JOKE of a shop.
    The prices they expect you to fork out for a few candy bars is mental.
    I don't care what the import tax is, their Reece's products are way more expensive than they are in Centra and the likes..

Also, Little Debbie products are delicious. I love Ding Dong's, Oh Ho's and those Zebra cakes.. And their pop tart flavours beat ours hands down.
    Cinnamon roll flavoured ones are to die for.

Have a massive bag of Atomic Warheads in the house now so, happy in the sour candy department.
    Twizzlers are so over rated.. Little tubes of plastic.. Yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I am based in the US and might be able to do a few trades perhaps for those with a sweet tooth. Shipping a box full of sweeties can be expensive though. :/ I sent some cereal and a few bags of Reeses to a boardsie last year and I think it cost a fair bit to ship regular air mail style.

TK Maxx have a few American products. I got my dad to send over me jars of Smuckers Goobers Grape and PB swirl and I saw it in TK Maxx on Monday :(
    Also Reece's Pieces cereal and the celebration Betty Crocker cake sponge!

Not too expensive considering the price you'd pay for it if it was to be shipped.

Worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

Does anyone know of a specific shop in Dublin that sells Reese Buttercups?
    Originally Posted by num one
    Peanut butter M&Ms in €2 shop in northside shopping center

Do they still do it? Would be deadly if they did.

In saying, I love American snacks. Damn tasty.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of a specific shop in Dublin that sells Reese Buttercups?

Do they still do it? Would be deadly if they did.

In saying, I love American snacks. Damn tasty.

Centra on Westland Row stock Reece's cups and their nutrageous bars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

Lornen wrote: »
    Centra on Westland Row stock Reece's cups and their nutrageous bars :)

Super, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Firetrap wrote: »
    Reece's Pieces.

They sell them in a few places now, Spar in Middle Abbey Street introduced me to them. Ate about four packs that week.
    I'd love somewhere I could get chocolate covered Oreos.
    I also wanna try milk duds, twinkies and tootsie rolls.

The Country Kitchen in Howth sell some American stuff but no sweets I don't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

In my fridge right now (but not for long).

Butterfinger bar
    PB Twix
    PB M&Ms
    White chocolate PB cups
    PM & Marshmallow cups
    Coconut M&Ms
    Pretzel M&Ms
    PB & Banana fudge cups
    Jolly Ranchers swirly chews

I'm most probably gonna be sick later

:D

iMax wrote: »

Butterfinger bar
    PB Twix
    PB M&Ms
    White chocolate PB cups
    PM & Marshmallow cups
    Coconut M&Ms
    Pretzel M&Ms
    PB & Banana fudge cups

Just back from the states are we?! :P

I got PB Twix's a while back.. Loved the chocolate biscuit but I wasn't majorly impressed. The other half polished them off though. LOVED them.
    I have the peanut butter lovers peanut butter cups from Reeces in my drawer along with Reece's peanut butter coated Whoppers which are hideous.. Trying to shift about 4 boxes!
    PB m&m's are gorgeous.. I've a truck load of Payday's lying around.. My dad mistook them for BabyRuth's :(

Also, WAREHEADS!! :D
    The Jolly Rancher Cherry Stix are amazing too :)

Have you tried a Take 5 bar?

Pretzel, Peanut butter, caramel and peanuts in a chocolate coating.. Stunning!

• Advertisement

I've all that stuff in my fridge & now all I want is a Take 5 :/

No haven't been stateside in over a year. got it all in Dundrum

ElleEm wrote: »
    They sell them in a few places now, Spar in Middle Abbey Street introduced me to them. Ate about four packs that week.
    I'd love somewhere I could get chocolate covered Oreos.
    I also wanna try milk duds, twinkies and tootsie rolls.

The Country Kitchen in Howth sell some American stuff but no sweets I don't think.

Chocolate covered oreo's are very VERY easily made at home :)
    They taste just as good too!
    I think everyone wants to try a twinkie. I got my dad to send me over a box as it was years since I last had one.. One bite and I realised why I was never a big fan. They taste like fake. Everything in them is artificial and they're so seedy.

If I could recommend you the tootsie pops and fruit flavoured tootsie rolls. The lime one's are delish :)

Milk duds are like the toffee you get in a Revel except made with a cheaper, lower quality "chocolate coating". It's not even chocolate, it's chocolate flavoured.

Not missing much on those ones!

I've all that stuff in my fridge & now all I want is a Take 5 :/

No haven't been stateside in over a year. got it all in Dundrum

Dundrum you say.... 0.0

Up in Dublin on Monday, can I ask you which shop?

*keels over*

If I get another few take 5's iMax. I will post you a few!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Butterfinger bar
    PB Twix
    PB M&Ms
    White chocolate PB cups
    PM & Marshmallow cups
    Coconut M&Ms
    Pretzel M&Ms
    PB & Banana fudge cups

:eek:
    Harvey Nichols?

There's a newsagents on level 1 or 1M at the red carpark. They sell all the stuff I have listed above & more (inc drinks). But they are double the price of Irish candy so be prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's a newsagents on level 1 or 1M at the red carpark. They sell all the stuff I have listed above & more (inc drinks). But they are double the price of Irish candy so be prepared.

Aye, Level one - behind the escalators/lifts, kind of across from Argos, on your way out to the car park.
    They do a good range & iMax is right, average bars are at least 1.50+

star-pants wrote: »
    Aye, Level one - behind the escalators/lifts, kind of across from Argos, on your way out to the car park.
    They do a good range & iMax is right, average bars are at least 1.50+

So worth it though! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

would love some semi sweet choc chip morsles, preferably nestles in the yellow pack but any brand, anyone spot them here ?

would love some semi sweet choc chip morsles, preferably nestles in the yellow pack but any brand, anyone spot them here ?

Ah Toll House chips! Amazing. Never seen them here but semi sweet chocolate chips can be found in your local fine food store. My local sells really amazing french chocolate in chip form :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'd love to see all this stuff come into Ireland and not pay a huge price for them!!!
    Lucy charms
    Whopper sweets
    Chips ahoy! cookies
    twinkies
    More influx of pepper ridge farm cookies (might make them cheaper?!?!:D:D)
    More Reeses stuff (including the breakfast cereal! mmm)
    Sweedish fish

Oh man, I always stock up on Amreican junk food when I do go over or get stuff sent over to me! I love chips ahoy! oh man....so perfect with milk, you just can't get cookies that perfect over here!

• Advertisement

I'd love to see all this stuff come into Ireland and not pay a huge price for them!!!
    Lucy charms
    Whopper sweets
    Chips ahoy! cookies
    twinkies
    More influx of pepper ridge farm cookies (might make them cheaper?!?!:D:D)
    More Reeses stuff (including the breakfast cereal! mmm)
    Sweedish fish

Oh man, I always stock up on Amreican junk food when I do go over or get stuff sent over to me! I love chips ahoy! oh man....so perfect with milk, you just can't get cookies that perfect over here!

The Reece's Puffs were available in the food section of TK Maxx here in Sligo.. Something like 7-8 euro a box though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Lucky Charms are 8 something or more a box here too.
    The price is a bit mental

star-pants wrote: »
    Lucky Charms are 8 something or more a box here too.
    The price is a bit mental

I'm with you on that one, but a box of Golden Nuggets is nearly 4 euro's here so I guess when you consider the Lucky Charms have to be imported and all that..

Still OUTRAGEOUS price but I think some people just want a feel for the food and then when it's gone aren't hooked or intending on getting more.

Like I was obsessed with getting Grape soda.

I found some in Dublin last week, guzzled down a can and I still have the other 3 left :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

They were selling Lucky Charms in TK Maxx not so long ago. They were 6 euro though ridiculously over priced :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Topaz garage on the malahide rd and Topaz in Omni sc are selling Reeses nutrageous bars,Peanut butter cups, and Cookies and cream bars, 2 for €1.00 , maybe this shoiuld be in bargain alerts !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Lornen wrote: »
    The Reece's Puffs were available in the food section of TK Maxx here in Sligo.. Something like 7-8 euro a box though!

Those puffs are the sweetest things you'll ever eat. I do have a very sweet tooth but I felt like I had a tooth ache after eating a bowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

There is a new candy shop in temple bar to the left of central bank. its called happy pills, and ironically is in a shop which used to be a headshop. One wall has american imports such as candy, baking goods, cereal, etc. the other wall has a giant candy wall of mostly irish sweets. You can choose a bottle (100 ml 3e, 300 ml 5e, 500 ml 9e) and fill it with as much sweets as you can- and it doesnt get weighed! They have some american candy such as jolly ranchers, sourpatch kids, sourpatch watermelons, candy corn that can go in these bottles. Not saying id be going there often, but its well worth it as a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh my god lads you just reminded me of these cookies I used to get in those huge chemists/drugstores when I was on holiday in California last year - I can't for the life of me remember the name of them but they come in this White packaging and you can get oaamd raisin, chocolate chunk with macadamia nut and others - the NICEST cookies EVER!!!

Oh I found out the name - pepperidge farm cookies!! Can you get them in supermarkets here does anyone know?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god lads you just reminded me of these cookies I used to get in those huge chemists/drugstores when I was on holiday in California last year - I can't for the life of me remember the name of them but they come in this White packaging and you can get oaamd raisin, chocolate chunk with macadamia nut and others - the NICEST cookies EVER!!!

Oh I found out the name - pepperidge farm cookies!! Can you get them in supermarkets here does anyone know?!

I think I remember seeing them on occasion before, though I can't quite remember where, some of the large supermarkets I think? But nothing like the amount available in the US. There was only one or two flavours I think. I agree though, they're really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Superquinn sell Pepperidge Farm cookies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement