Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Food Imports

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god lads you just reminded me of these cookies I used to get in those huge chemists/drugstores when I was on holiday in California last year - I can't for the life of me remember the name of them but they come in this White packaging and you can get oaamd raisin, chocolate chunk with macadamia nut and others - the NICEST cookies EVER!!!

Oh I found out the name - pepperidge farm cookies!! Can you get them in supermarkets here does anyone know?!

Pepperidge Farm ?

pepperidge-farm-chesapeake-cookies-2041-p.jpg

You can get them in Dunnes about €2.50 a pack (6) Gorgeous but only three varieties

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god lads you just reminded me of these cookies I used to get in those huge chemists/drugstores when I was on holiday in California last year - I can't for the life of me remember the name of them but they come in this White packaging and you can get oaamd raisin, chocolate chunk with macadamia nut and others - the NICEST cookies EVER!!!

Oh I found out the name - pepperidge farm cookies!! Can you get them in supermarkets here does anyone know?!

My local spar has them and I've seen them in plenty others as well. It shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

iMax wrote: »
    Pepperidge Farm ?

You can get them in Dunnes about €2.50 a pack (6) Gorgeous but only three varieties

Dunnes! Fantastic! We do our shopping there! Thanks a mil:D

dno7239 wrote: »
    There is a new candy shop in temple bar to the left of central bank. its called happy pills, and ironically is in a shop which used to be a headshop. One wall has american imports such as candy, baking goods, cereal, etc. the other wall has a giant candy wall of mostly irish sweets. You can choose a bottle (100 ml 3e, 300 ml 5e, 500 ml 9e) and fill it with as much sweets as you can- and it doesnt get weighed! They have some american candy such as jolly ranchers, sourpatch kids, sourpatch watermelons, candy corn that can go in these bottles. Not saying id be going there often, but its well worth it as a treat :)

Was in town today & headed over that direction. Unfortunately the store was closed (about 11.20am). I hope it was only because it was the day after Paddy's day (although it makes no sense to close). Could see loads of goodies through the windows

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was in Happy Pills today too. It was open at around half 1 when I was there. The tubs are tiny though so it's a total rip off. They have plenty of American sweets and chocolate, some that you can get elsewhere and some that you can't.

• Advertisement

Went over again today & they wern't open yet again ??? Went back an hour later (11.45) & they'd just opened, hell of a way to run a business.

Not a whole lot there, most of the decent stuff had sold out & they were waiting on delivery, but I still managed to spend €20 & be happy about it.

Finally got to try a Take 5 bar - georgous. Shouldn't work, but does. Also got a Cadbury "Cherry Ripe" bar in Fallon & byrnes (€2.50). Interesting, but wouldn't get another.

I think happy pills business model might be slightly off & I'd hate to see them go, but if he could turn it into a "mini Mart" of all things American rather than the (pretty crappy) pick n mix half of it is devoted to (for the milkshakes as well) I think they'd probably do better. Best of luck to them. Please sort out the supply & get a wider range in.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Finally got to try a Take 5 bar - georgous. Shouldn't work, but does.

Congratulations on popping your Take 5 cherry!

Obsessed with the f*cking things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Pepperidge Farm ?

If only they did these ones...
    Mint+Milano.jpg:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get this type of pepperidge farm cookie (the sausalito)

My better half loves them, they use to do them in dunnes (sandyford) & superquinn (ballinteer) but they haven't been there for a month or 2 now, I've tried a few supermarkets in town but cant get them. I'd be in for some big brownie (or cookie) points if I found some. if you see them please post where they are.

Thanks
    51AVW9BBS1L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ego.emlyn

Faith wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can get them in Fallon & Byrne in Dublin. They're about €10 a box though.
    they also sell it in harvey nickels in Dundrum, got a few packs there bout a month ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

AFAIK Dunnes in the Square Tallaght do them

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rosshennessy

These cookies are about to be taken off the shelves because they contain GMO ingredients. that means they contain DNA inserted from other species or varieties, insecticide toxins, have modified metabolisms (in the case on herbicide-resistant crops), contain higher doses of toxic herbicide residues (in the case of herbicide-resistant crops) and come from GM crops which are patented based on their modified DNA.

Still finding them tasty?

Watch out for foods comming form America that are full of GMO ingredients!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This Thread's from 2011. If you'd like to chat about GMO ingredients best to start a new thread rosshennessy.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement