Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W980 FM Transmitter

• 14-08-2009 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey!
    I have a Sony Ericsson W980, which has a built in FM transmitter. Unfortunatly this doesnt work because of legal restrictions in Ireland!
    Anyone have any ideas how I could get around these?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I thought legal restrictions were lifted? I am pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Anyway, I use an FM transmitter in the car with the iPhone and I purchased it in Ireland.

Is it disabled or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hey!
    I have a Sony Ericsson W980, which has a built in FM transmitter. Unfortunatly this doesnt work because of legal restrictions in Ireland!

Thanks!

Tom is correct, you are allowed use these in ireland. How is it not working..? Where did you get the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

i have the new sony w995 and when i go to put cds onto the phone they send ok but when i go to play them they are no where to be found. how do i upload the cds, i have usb cable and downloaded all the softwear for it and it not working any ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

villains77 wrote: »
    i have the new sony w995 and when i go to put cds onto the phone they send ok but when i go to play them they are no where to be found. how do i upload the cds, i have usb cable and downloaded all the softwear for it and it not working any ideas

Ok, your question is not really relevant to this thread.

Please start a new thread and somebody will give you a hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

villains77 wrote: »

Probably better to start your own thread. Its off topic for this thread. You can delete the post, and post again, or ask a mod to help you.

Edit, tom too fast today, a man in motion :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jeremyr62

Hey!

Thanks!

You need to upgrade the firmware. I bought my wife this phone on o2 PAYG and the transmitter was disabled. o2 released a new firmware and I upgraded through SEUS and the transmitter now works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 generalpeadar

jeremyr62 wrote: »
    . o2 released a new firmware and I upgraded through SEUS and the transmitter now works.

how did you find the right download on SEUS? i went onto it and seemed like a bit of a pain in the arse to use to be honest, then again Im new to the whole mobile firmware so didnt exactly know what to look for!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jeremyr62

I found it straightforward enough. You don't choose the upgrade, it chooses you so to speak. If there is an upgraded firmware for you phone/service provider it will tell you and walk you through the stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

The SEUS link is here,
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/w980?lc=en&cc=ie
    Just remove your Memory card and do a backup of the phone contacts etc before hand, as the SEUS may delete everything stored on the phone

Advertisement