Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable TV in East Clare ?

• 14-08-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Mate's sister living in Killanena (between Feakle and Gort) had a cable company rep call on her today with details of new offers of cable TV, phone and broadband service. Naturally I'm excited at the prospect of wired broadband (best I can get is spasmodic mobile service)
    BUT
    she can't remember the name of the company !!

Anyone else in East Clare had this call ? Or do you live near me and have cable ?

From Googling, all I can find is Chorus/NTL who mostly serve the cities.

Cheers x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

There's no cable TV up that way, not even in Ennis. If Eircom are not providing wired broadband up there, then nobody else can (because all other provider piggy-back on the Eircom fixed network). There was a company called Radiowave (now Lighthouse I think) providing wireless broadband in North Clare up to last year. I was with them for a year before wired BB came to my area, and the service was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

its not available in ennis. the nearest to broadband is dsl, which can be upto 7.5mb

if i hear about it ill notify you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

There is wired broadband (eircom) in Feakle since a couple of months. Don't know if it includes Killanena. But since Flagmount seems to have broadband, too, I suppose it's everywhere in the area.

I had a few calls and leaflets from some companies, like perlico, three, BT and some others. One actually was with cable tv all inclusive. Can't remember really, because I wasn't interested.

But I still have the letter from the National Broadband Scheme with the announcement of broadband coming to my area, with a telephone number on it: 1913.

Just call them. They should know which is what.

Advertisement