Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - Barna Galway

Options
  • 14-08-2009 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone tell me if there's 'Wired' BroadBand in Barna Co Galway, as Eircom don't seem to be albel to confirm and NTL say NO?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Breddan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there's 'Wired' BroadBand in Barna Co Galway, as Eircom don't seem to be albel to confirm and NTL say NO?!

Funny, I thought NTL went to Barna with their 'piped' TV service ... so you'd think they can provide broadband on that.

As for wired broadband, all the providers have a page you put your telephone number into and they'll tell you if the exchange you are on is broadband enabled. Have you tried that at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Breddan

Thanks for the advise, although what I'm trying to find out is if BB carriers provide BB in the area prior to moving there, which is really the issue, as I don't have a phone line. Strange that they just can't seem to tell me..

NTL can provide piped TV - but not BB - or so they tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Thanks for the advise, although what I'm trying to find out is if BB carriers provide BB in the area prior to moving there, which is really the issue, as I don't have a phone line. Strange that they just can't seem to tell me..

Barna is enabled, if that's what you mean, yes. Try find the name a neighbor and his phonenumber. Than check that on the checker. Because just because it's enabled doesn't mean that you can dsl in the end.

Beyond that, there's at least 2 fixed wireless operators covering Barna.

/M

Excellent - thanks for the advice Marlow. Do you know which 2 providers do provide DSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Excellent - thanks for the advice Marlow. Do you know which 2 providers do provide DSL?

Any provider, that does bitstream would provide there (Eircom and any Eircom reseller). I was saying failing DSL availability you can get fixed wireless from 2 providers (on top of the DSL offerings).

/M

• Advertisement

Understood - Thanks Marlow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

AirWire provide wireless broad band to Barna if you do not want/need a phoneline.

I thought the UPC/NTL TV service is Barna as MMDS rather than cable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Barna or Furbo , the Barna exchange only covers about half way between Barna and the connemara coast and the furbo exchange covers west of that . The village itself is fine , 12mbit territory .,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Airwire: Martin

The Connemara Coast Hotel in Furbo is on the Barna exchange, but that was until recently the only place in Furbo that had DSL. Furbo has now been enabled, but I doubt it's ADSL2+.

Barna has been enabled for quite some while.

Again if you fail to get DSL, IBB (Irish Broadband) supply fixed wireless of Thonabrucky and we have 2 basestations in Furbo, one in Clyborn, that cover the Barna/Furbo area. This is Fixed Wireless, so no need for a phoneline.

UPC/NTL is only MMDS in Barna, so no broadband !!

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen (aka Marlow).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I was in the Twelve the other night and they had free wifi......if that helps slightly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement