Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name Change??

• 14-08-2009 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

What the hell?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Brilliant, Great Idea!
    Thanks for the link :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I take it you approve Tallon? Nice one dude. Feel free to post away. New charter going up ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Sweet. Nice work guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Gentlemens Club? How delightful, shall there be brandy and cigars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yep great to see it.
    orestes wrote: »

Of course. Wouldn't be much of Gentlemans Club without.

I'll supply brandy if you supply fine cigars. I like the leaders of the world collection. Churchills favourite cigar is very spicey

yes deffo Orestes. Along with large wingback armchairs and a raging fire in the Winter. The smoking jackets are getting delivered to tbh's house on Wednesday I think too. Nerin is getting one with his name on the pocket, you want one of those too?

Nerin is getting one with his name on the pocket, you want one of those too?

And a skull and crossbones. And lightning. And a " ^_^ " face.

yes deffo Orestes. Along with large wingback armchairs and a raging fire in the Winter. The smoking jackets are getting delivered to tbh house on Wednesday I think too. Nerin is getting one with his name on the pocket, you want one of those too?

Oh not my full name, that would be simply garish, a subtle but stylish initial embroidered on the lapel would be quite suffucient dear fellow. Elegence in simplicity dear boy, what what

/puts on monacle

• Advertisement

bravo fine sir. an excellent way of showing the world what a distinguished and worldy fellow you are.

btw there are threads here about the old laser eye surgery, would sort out the need for the monocle old boy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Good stuff. Subscribes!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yay!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Great Heavens! What a simply splendid idea, old bean. I shall look forward to frequenting this forum more often than I have thus far, for who could resist discussion among such refined and distinguished gentlemen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I take it you approve Tallon? Nice one dude. Feel free to post away. New charter going up ASAP

"Pip pip ol' boy"

I approve thee fine gentlemans club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

right gents - let's get the first session organised.

Why is the Gentlemen's Club in Soc but The Ladie's Lounge is in Rec :confused:

Because the ladies lounge is where the delightful little ladies do their recreational activities such as making doilies and playing with fluffy kittens and other such delightful activities which are fit and proper for the delicate flowers of the womenly persuasion, while this gentlemans club is where the refined gentlemen discuss social and political matters in a distinguished but casual setting whilst swilling brandy and smoking fine cigars.

Such matters would surely make the frail minds of the ladies explode due to their inability to comprehend such things, although we do allow them into the luncheon room for an hour every Friday afternoon so we can admire their new bonnets and perhaps even get a tantalising glimpse of some ankle (although last time that happened poor Mystik Monkey had to go for a lie down, the raunchiness of it all was a bit too much for the poor fellow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

We need a secret ring! One with skull and cross bones.

or a badger.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Because the ladies lounge is where the delightful little ladies do their recreational activities such as making doilies and playing with fluffy kittens and other such delightful activities which are fit and proper for the delicate flowers of the womenly persuasion, while this gentlemans club is where the refined gentlemen discuss social and political matters in a distinguished but casual setting whilst swilling brandy and smoking fine cigars.

Such matters would surely make the frail minds of the ladies explode due to their inability to comprehend such things, although we do allow them into the luncheon room for an hour every Friday afternoon so we can admire their new bonnets and perhaps even get a tantalising glimpse of some ankle (although last time that happened poor Mystik Monkey had to go for a lie down, the raunchiness of it all was a bit too much for the poor fellow).

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Good question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

A society is a group or species. Whreas recreation has more to do with frivolous unimportant activies. So being a man is important.:D

Advertisement