Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lawn- Grass not filling out

Options
  • 14-08-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi
    I sat my lawn 2 months ago and i put some 18-6-12 fertilsiser on it about a month ago and i have cut it once, After i cut it it was very green looking and was looking well. Now however after the rain it has gone a light colour and is not growing. There are only a couple of patches of green in it. Could anyone recommend what i could do to get it to fill out and look a bit healthy?
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm no expert but as far as I know you're not supposed to use fertilizer on your lawn in summer so that might be what damaged it. You may have to redo it but first you could try throwing some seed on it and watering it well to see if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ninsaga

You can put down 7617 - which is ok on new lawns - other stuff can burn it up

Advertisement