Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coopers home brew.

• 14-08-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey all, was unaware there was a boards.ie board with home brewers.
    I started myself 3 weeks ago and have a coopers lager (yes i know it wont really be a lager when it comes out) in secondary. I took 4 sample bottles from the primary and capped them so i can taste test between second and first ferments to see is it worth the hassle with this beer in the future.

Anyways, i was wondering if anyone has brewed this kit before? I got it here http://thehomebrewcompany.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=469

Any suggestions for my next batch? Im bottling that coopers at the weekend and want to get another going as soon as possible.
    Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Arcto wrote: »
    Any suggestions for my next batch?
    The best kit beers I've tasted have been Brewferm Ambiorix and Woodeforde's Norfolk Nog and Nelson's Revenge. I've heard good things about Cooper's Stout too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Any suggestions for my next batch? Im bottling that coopers at the weekend and want to get another going as soon as possible.
    Cheers!

The woodfordes range are very good, Had a taste of one at an Irish craft brewers meeting and it was great!

http://thehomebrewcompany.ie/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_13

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bill2176

Hey all, was unaware there was a boards.ie board with home brewers.
    I started myself 3 weeks ago and have a coopers lager (yes i know it wont really be a lager when it comes out) in secondary. I took 4 sample bottles from the primary and capped them so i can taste test between second and first ferments to see is it worth the hassle with this beer in the future.

Anyways, i was wondering if anyone has brewed this kit before? I got it here http://thehomebrewcompany.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=469

Cheers!

I've brewed Coopers for years, it is the the most popular home brew kit in Australia which is where I live.

A favourite of mine is Coopers stout which is very good.

I also like their Australian lager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

BeerNut wrote: »
    The best kit beers I've tasted have been Brewferm Ambiorix and Woodeforde's Norfolk Nog and Nelson's Revenge. I've heard good things about Cooper's Stout too.

I was looking around this morning for my second kit and was thinking Nelson's Revenge but thought I'd ask about it here first. No need now:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Had four kit beers at the OghamBrew festival at the weekend. The Munton's Connoisseur Stout was stand-out: a rock-solid beer. There was a Cooper's Weiss which was drinkable, but not very interesting; Brewferm Kriek, which was rather artifical and plasticky tasting (but smelled lovely); and Firkin Best Bitter which was kit tang a-go-go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bill2176

A friend of mine visiting australia from Dublin remarked that Coopers stout was the most like Guinness home brew that he had tasted.

As a regular Guinness drinker he could'nt get enough of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

bill2176 wrote: »
    A friend of mine visiting australia from Dublin remarked that Coopers stout was the most like Guinness home brew that he had tasted..

Better IMO, at least to the nitro stuff and 4.3 verses 6.3% that quite a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

have the pils kits from coopers on at the mo.

will comment after bottling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

Edit : coopers kits on homebrewwest.ie AND thehomebrewcompany.ie at great prices at the mo........

ive made a few kits before......
    coopers stout - very good
    old dark ale - good
    Pale ale ( twice) - good / V good if you add extra hops.
    Stay away from the kg of sugar use extra malt , i once used a jar of malt extract from the health shop and 450g demerara sugar in the stout and it turned out as good as a stout you'd buy in a good offie.
    Never tried any lagers and now xtracting

Advertisement