Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abusive ban

Options
  • 14-08-2009 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Got banned after Anan1 insulted me of being a racist and homophobe, to which I replied he should take it easy with the insults, nothing personal, I have not even insulted him or anything.

I simply pointed out a particular car model will probably be more successfull in Asia than in Europe, and I got banned after that.

Thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055650124

Seriously, I certainly do not appreciate being freely insulted by moderators.

He has not even banned me for my comment, but for the fact I argued with him. Hell yeah, of course I argue with that.

I would appreciate a lift

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You used a derogatory term and would could be seen as a slightly off colour comment.

The Moderator posted and clarified what kind of comments where acceptable for the benefit of all.

You then proceeded to drag the thread off topic to discuss the mods desicion. You've been here long enough to know that's not on - the thread should stay on topic. If you've got a problem with the Mod's desicion, take it to PM. You were basically disrupting the flow of the thread. Arguing isn't the issue. Where you did it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You used a derogatory term and would could be seen as a slightly off colour comment.

The Moderator posted and clarified what kind of comments where acceptable for the benefit of all.

You then proceeded to drag the thread off topic to discuss the mods desicion. You've been here long enough to know that's not on - the thread should stay on topic. If you've got a problem with the Mod's desicion, take it to PM. You were basically disrupting the flow of the thread. Arguing isn't the issue. Where you did it was.

A derogatory term by talking about Asian market and mentionning the Asian car market?

The moderator then said I was a racist and a homophobe.

I was not OT I was following up on the insult.

Pathetic lol
    As usual...

WOA

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The moderator didn't say that you were a racist and a homophobe but said that there was a smell of homophobia and racism about your comment. This means that your text was ambiguous and did not state one way or the other that "insulting, gay, out there interiors are liked by Asia" was racist or homophobic, but could be implied by some readers to be homophobic or racist. So he warned you for it, and you argued on thread about it.

At least I think I that's what Anan1 sees in your comment, maybe he can clarify if I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Gordon wrote: »
    The moderator didn't say that you were a racist and a homophobe but said that there was a smell of homophobia and racism about your comment. This means that your text was ambiguous and did not state one way or the other that "insulting, gay, out there interiors are liked by Asia" was racist or homophobic, but could be implied by some readers to be homophobic or racist. So he warned you for it, and you argued on thread about it.

At least I think I that's what Anan1 sees in your comment, maybe he can clarify if I'm wrong.

I said "the Asian might like it" speaking about a specific car because it looks more like what is being sold in Asia rather than Europe. For instance the new BMW 5 series GT.

So my comment is described as racist and homophobic then I got banned for asking the mod not to insult me and telling him my comment had nothing racist.

Seriously guys, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You may wish to choose your words more carefully in future posts :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement