Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

from a mama - first trimester second pregnancy

• 13-08-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all, just readin through your posts and hopin for some opinions. i'm about 7 weeks gone on our second baby, first little boy was a big surprize and this little one was planned since ds was such a blessing. now my boyfriend and i weren't together for long when our surprize came last time but i wouldnt change this for the world and luckily it's all worked out great. but last pregnancy i was obviously a lot freer, having not a toddler running around. we were also busy for the 8 months (since we didn't know for a few weeks) between all the excitement and novelty and we were also decorating and moving into a new house. we were also both workin full time
    now this time, neither of us are working, my oh works about 3 days a week though but has a lot of spare time compared to when he was workin full time.forgive me for lackin modesty, but i do a very good job with our toddler, he has amazing manners, vocab, eats well, plays well, shares, is good at arts and crafts, i read him about 10 books a day, bring him to the park, talk to him constantly, he helps me cook and i keep the fridge and presses full and the house clean. now i really don't mean to moan but feel i hav to stress that i am normally as good as i possibly can be bbut since the last 2 weeks iv felt so tiread and heavy andhorrible i really just really want a break when oh is around. now i know that sounds very spoilt but honestly if i was in normal health and he wasnt id pamper him and i hav done. i even made him a fry yesterday mornin though it made me feel even worse. am ii wrong to want a bit of a break when he's at home or am i just been lazy? should i just chin up and get on with it? last pregnancy i had way more energy but even walkin makes me feel like i wanna just crawl and he doesnt take it seriousy. sorry to moan but need to know if im goin crazy and my brain is crap at the moment so sorry its not the best structured post. thankx a mil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I can understand that you need a break, being pregnant makes you so tired without looking after a child too. Hormones are running mad at the moment and some personal space would prob do you the world of good. Have you talked about how your feeling to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Have you tried telling him this? I dont know if the guys get the kind of narcolepsy that sets in in the first trimester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Last itme was different you were constantly on the go looking after toddler.
    You need to make him aware of this esp as your pregnancy advances and you can't be as active. Is he aware of how much work looking after a kid all day is?
    Had he had to mind te chidl himself for the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

hi,, this is the op. thanks so much for advice im happy to know that im not bein lazy and people understand me, thank you. to be honest i think im very hormonal aswell and feelin tired and sick all the time just doesnt help. iv just found out that im 11 weeks aswell, just to correct info. i was actually mentally wore out after composing and writing that thread that i couldn't ever give any more infomation. on a side note, is it normal to get so drained just by writing a post???
    my boyfriend is great and he has spent a lot of time mindin cal so knows that it can be hard but to be honest i am normally lucky enough to hav so much energy i think its hard for him to understand that i don't anymore and i normally wait until im at the end of my thether to ask for help and by that stage i don't ask i give out so i think it's communication on my part. i find my nerves a bit freyed but we'v talked more now and he's been more active with cal so thanks again for advice. but i think it has to be said second time round is much harder :)

Advertisement