Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Children's photoshoot

• 14-08-2009 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Too much, too little, too bright, too much contrast, bad angles, etc. Go wild. Click on any image for the larger version.

jac1_s.jpg jac2_s.jpg
    jac3_s.jpgjac4_s.jpg
    jac5_s.jpg jac6_s.jpg
    jac7_s.jpgjac8_s.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Well, apart from you going anywhere near the minus clarity slider in LR2 and some simple WB fixes in the first and fifth, I like them!

Two, four, six and seven stand out for me, would the colours in the fourth work in the other three? Or would the BW work with the fourth? You could present them quite well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Some work for me, some don't. 5 and 7 look just bog standard and nowhere near as good as the rest. They aren;t very flattering and don't seem natural.

Four ,six and eight are fantasctic shots, i personally wouldn't change no. 4 to B&W, i love the tone (if that is the right term) of the photo, and no.6 is a really unique angle, it works really well. B&W works really well in no.8

WB in number 3 is over done to my personal taste, but if that were adjusted it would be another good picture. Number 1 is a bit too glossy also, making it slightly bland.
    Some of the cropping seems over done also, i am guilty of that a lot, but it seems over done here to me on some of them
    All personal taste on my behalf, and sure what do i know :D

Good stuff though, some really nice shots, you defintaly have a more unique way of capturing shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Well, apart from you going anywhere near the minus clarity slider in LR2 and some simple WB fixes in the first and fifth, I like them!

Two, four, six and seven stand out for me, would the colours in the fourth work in the other three? Or would the BW work with the fourth? You could present them quite well together.

The low-clarity shots is something parents here really go for, so it is a bread and butter shot. I'm not saying it isn't cheesy though...

The colours in #4 really might work in the other three and I'll try that later today, but my goal in getting those images up (late) last night was to show the customer diverse processing styles in both colour and black and white. The black and white Lightroom preset is called Hank Williams and can be found on the internet, the others come from my own tinkerings - PM me if you'd like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm not saying it's cheesy either - I'm saying it dosn't work! :pac:

It's taking from a perfectly good photo, if it's skin healing or a soft focus effect you're looking for, there's far better ways of doing it than the minus clarity slider! It's one thing looking at'em on screen, but when you print it out, it takes on a cartoon-ey look that I'm "not down with". Maybe try pushing the exposure a stop or two to try get your whites white, and see what it looks like then, but at the moment... I wouldn't like'em, especially in comparison to the black and whites, which look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

• Advertisement
Advertisement