Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best moments.

Options
  • 14-08-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

This is a tad random,but i wasnt able to go riding this week so it got me thinking on all the times I've gone riding and the best parts of it.

So, what was your best moment in the saddle? :cool:

Mine well had to be the time i jumped huge tractor tyres and nearly went flying, if it wasn't for the horse i was on veered in the direction i was falling i woulda been straight on my face :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Mine was winning a 14inch Television in a Xmas League with my first pony. :):):)

And also riding at the Horse Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Galloping flat out along a beach - there is a really quiet beach that we would bring the horses to at the weekend during the winter. It was usually deserted so I could tear along to my hearts content. Nothing beats the combination of the adrenelin rush and a crisp winter's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I remember this one lesson when me and my friend were riding. We were both on difficult horses, mine liked to refuse quite a lot.

This was my first time riding the horse too.

Anyway we were jumping a fence at the top of the arena and were lined up at the side. It was a difficult line and when you turned down the arena to face the fence you only just had time to break into a canter and hand about four strides to the fence.

At the end of the lesson we were asked if anyone wanted to jump higher. I swear there was something in the air that day because me and my friend just looked at each other and went "ah sure why not!"

So off I went at the fence. She refused the first time, doing all these mini rears when i turned her back to go again. Second time I was nervous and she refused. Third time I wasn't having it anymore. I chased her at the fence and she flew over it, quite a big spread too. Was one of my best memories!

Advertisement