Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voda and their poxy selection of smartphones!

• 14-08-2009 3:31pm

What is it with Voda??

I have been waiting for ages to upgrade my N95 8gb. Great phone,does everything I need it to do but 18 months old now.

Only interesting phones they have brought out lately are the Samsung Jet (but not a proper smartphone,cant backup and no apps to install), Samsung Tocco Ultra (no Wifi!) and now today they release a phone nearly a year on the market, the N85 which is feature wise nearly the exact same as the N95 therefore no point in upgrading!

Anyone else sick of waiting for them to release a decent phone like the new LG's or HTCs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Anyone else sick of waiting for them to release a decent phone like the new LG's or HTCs?

It's often seemed to me like they drag their heels on bringing in phones as compared to other networks, but i may be imagining it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

What is it with Voda??

xanthor wrote: »
    It's often seemed to me like they drag their heels on bringing in phones as compared to other networks, but i may be imagining it.

There was a time, a few years ago, when Vodafone would lead the charge in new handsets and the likes of Meteor would be far behind with their handset releases. As evidenced by the Nokia N85, those times have definitely changed.

O2 now seem to be leading the way, with their handsets being first to market and/or by offering exclusive handsets like the iPhone range and the soon to launch Palm Pre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

What is it with Voda??

I have been waiting for ages to upgrade my N95 8gb. Great phone,does everything I need it to do but 18 months old now.

I am in the same boat!! Been waiting for ages for vodafone to bring out some new smartphone. If you head over to the vodafone forums there lots of posts from customers who are unhappy with the phone choices.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    There was a time, a few years ago, when Vodafone would lead the charge in new handsets and the likes of Meteor would be far behind with their handset releases. As evidenced by the Nokia N85, those times have definitely changed.

O2 now seem to be leading the way, with their handsets being first to market and/or by offering exclusive handsets like the iPhone range and the soon to launch Palm Pre.

Yup,seems to me they have just given up and are not even attempting to compete. If they think they are not losing market share due to other networks better selection of phones then they are deluded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

If they think they are not losing market share due to other networks better selection of phones then they are deluded!

They must be loosing *some* markeshare as a result, whehter or not most poeple care how 'smart' there phone actually is i don't know.

Am getting pretty tired of my N95 8GB at this stage, partially becasue everyone and their uncle has one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 metalmessiah88

id say the problem with them is they brand there phones inside and out and because of this they tend to have software issues so it takes time to sort these out thats why there are sum delays with the new hand sets coming out.. vodafone are hoping to see the nokia n97 in the next 4 to 5 weeks fingers crossed that the software testing goes good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

id say the problem with them is they brand there phones inside and out and because of this they tend to have software issues so it takes time to sort these out thats why there are sum delays with the new hand sets coming out.. vodafone are hoping to see the nokia n97 in the next 4 to 5 weeks fingers crossed that the software testing goes good

Did O2 brand there N97 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 metalmessiah88

foobar wrote: »
    Did O2 brand there N97 ?
    no o2 tend not to brand there phones but like vodafone still load all of there internet setting onto the handset

Advertisement