Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you dress?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

4045735.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

I'll wear whatever I want. If it's sunny, wear shorts; if it's cold, put on a jumper.

Who cares what you wear anyway? It's all about having a load of long greasy locks up on top... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

yes, what is the whole greasy hair thing about???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Anna Molly wrote: »
    yes, what is the whole greasy hair thing about???:confused:

I've no idea. I was usually called a 'greasy rocker' back in school, although my hair was the furthest thing from it. My friends know I'm a woman when it comes to my hair and keeping it clean. :pac:

But there are boys out there with greasy hair, I just don't get it.
    It's horrible! How long does it take to wash hair like, two minutes, less!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

greasy hair is for manly men. If you don't wash your hair for a month it begins to wash itself naturally.

But then there's that small matter of hygiene...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

How do i dress??

I get my mom to help me...........

Serioulsly i stopped wearing black, combats, torn jeans etc when i realised i was a happy person and my self imposed depression that complimented my teenage taste in music was just me being a dick. Fcuk it im gonna wear a scooter tshirt over a mankini to faith no more in a few weeks and if anyone says anything to me il killem!!

Swish

(edit) Just noticed i have 333 posts so i am half evil....................prob cause i dont wear black anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

"Its gig time. What t-shirt am I gonna wear?" I do dress up for gigs, if I've time, because I dont really do the whole "going out on a saturday night" thing, so gigs are my thing. I would never laugh at someone wearing their everyday clothes. I've seen it all at metal gigs, from pink glittery cowboy hats to a dyed black wedding dress. In the queue I do love people watching, from a fashion point of view. I do love metal and gothic style, so I take mental notes from those who look well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I wear whatever really. I've a few band t-shirts, definitely, but in terms of clothing, I don't tend to fit specifically anywhere. I do look like something of a metalhead due to my long hair and beard, but I reckon I'm more hippy-esque. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, regardless, I listen to anything really. It's only a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

i normally wear jeans boots and a band tshirt.. not because i want to look like anything or that. I just dont really own any other clothes :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I like wearing baggy jeans (not to baggy mind you)and hoddies because there the kind of clothes I feel comfortable in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

I wear either a chelsea jersey or trendy kinda t-shirt. A hoody depending on the weather tracksuit bottoms, not anything too scummy, O'Neills.. that kinda thing :) and some runners.

OP, lamb played just a few days after Soulfly right? I got the exact same thing said to me while standing in line =/ I also noticed that with the wind blowing the way it was.. my hair was parted to the side and I was running the risk of looking slightly emo.. so I fixed it, haha.

And!! Iv been called a greasy rocker too.. I shower daily ffs.. my hair is actually beautiful lol ..well it was.. but I got it all cut off a few days ago *cries*

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    I wear either a chelsea jersey or trendy kinda t-shirt. A hoody depending on the weather tracksuit bottoms, not anything too scummy, O'Neills.. that kinda thing :) and some runners.

OP, lamb played just a few days after Soulfly right? I got the exact same thing said to me while standing in line =/ I also noticed that with the wind blowing the way it was.. my hair was parted to the side and I was running the risk of looking slightly emo.. so I fixed it, haha.

And!! Iv been called a greasy rocker too.. I shower daily ffs.. my hair is actually beautiful lol ..well it was.. but I got it all cut off a few days ago *cries*

Yeah, it was a few days after Soulfly!;)
    LOG was one odd que, I was talking to twentyfive year old, who basically had the mentality of a fifteen year old FOB fan, it was weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    I wear either a chelsea jersey

Thats your rock/metal credibility shot then:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Haha, true that. The only way you could know what music I like is by flickin through my iPod anyways, most if not all are VERY surprised :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Doc Martins,
    Levi's 501,
    And copious band t-shirts.

I've no tattoos or piercings, but that's not for another few years now.

My work attire doesn't bring out the metal though! ^_^ Blue shirt and cufflinks, with suit trousers. Very metal indeed.

Going to gigs is great, because you get to see patch jackets, and different tour t-shirts, and you can chat to anyone. Great craic!

Although I have a Volvo Ocean Race t-shirt I like to wear, and even my friends go WTF when they see me wearing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

how do i dress, usually boxers, then jeans, tshirt socks then hoodie. Just grab the first thing that comes to hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Usually band shirt, loose fit blue jeans and converse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I'm currently wearing; Munster rugby tracksuit pants, A&F t-shirt and my Black & White check Vans(luv dem), your stereotypical d4ey rugby type and my two favourite bands are mastodon and slipknot, what you wear has absolutely nothing to do with your taste in music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

How old was this girl? That could be a factor. I'd say younger metal fans will care more about how people are dressed than mature fans, I've gone to gigs before wearing a suit and I don't think anyone lifted an eyebrow. Music is about the music, so just don't let it bother you.
    haha, Classy.:cool:

I usually wear Caterpillar boots, jeans, tee shirt(usually not a band tee, but I do have a couple of them) and a hoodie or jacket. It's what I like. I have practically no fashion sense, and wear whatever I want to. Even if it is boots, 3/4 camo shorts and a wife beater!

karl's right, It's about the music. And anyone that gives you grief over it is usually not mature enough to be themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

LD 50 wrote: »
    Even if it is boots, 3/4 camo shorts and a wife beater!

i like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Interesting observation here. Maybe gig going fashion trends change, or maybe it was a midweek school night:

Neil Young Rockin in the Free World from the Weld tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_iwezVpS4Q

Sorry the link quality isn't good, but look at the fashion on some of the people in the crowd. guys in suits, rockers, "normal joes" etc all belting out the lyrics..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

how do i dress, usually boxers, then jeans, tshirt socks then hoodie. Just grab the first thing that comes to hand
    So what happens if you grab your jeans before your boxers? Do you end up going commando? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Anna Molly wrote: »
    But then there's that small matter of hygiene...:o

It's hygiene or METAL!!! You have to choose. You cannot be both. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

i generally dress like an indie twat/spanish ponce, never really had anyone say anything, although i generally wear my trusty "ireland on sunday" t-shirt that i got for free off my rugby coach to gigs, generally for the laugh as everyone else is there in their black and leather etc and heres me in an ireland on sunday t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

lord lucan wrote: »
    Thats your rock/metal credibility shot then:P
    and real football fan cred gone aswell :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

haha! these muppets that care about your fashion sense make me laugh... :rolleyes:

I wear nike/adidas tracksuits most of the time or a munster or arsenal jersey and I listen to all music, Trance, Drum n BAss, Rap, Metal, Rock and so on but SLAYER!!! are my favourite band. I also love cradle of filth(older stuff anyway), metallica, slipknot, death, SOAD, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Anthrax etc.etc... Id f*cking punch someone if they said anything about me listening to slayer!!!!!:mad:

F8ck them, wear what you want! most people that listen to LoG are only newbie muppets anyway!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

yupyup7up wrote: »
    haha! these muppets that care about your fashion sense make me laugh... :rolleyes:

I wear nike/adidas tracksuits most of the time or a munster or arsenal jersey and I listen to all music, Trance, Drum n BAss, Rap, Metal, Rock and so on but SLAYER!!! are my favourite band. I also love cradle of filth(older stuff anyway), metallica, slipknot, death, SOAD, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Anthrax etc.etc... Id f*cking punch someone if they said anything about me listening to slayer!!!!!:mad:

F8ck them, wear what you want! most people that listen to LoG are only newbie muppets anyway!!

Calm down buddy, nobody's gonna take your slayer away here.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Calm down buddy, nobody's gonna take your slayer away here.
    :D

Phew! Amongst friends so... :D

Me without Slayer is like Kerry Katona without coke :eek:

Advertisement