Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping the little guys

Options
  • 14-08-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

For the guys what can they take to improve our swimmers? I would guess a multivitamin couldnt hurt, balanced diet and excercise.

Are there specific supplements that are recommended, I have read amino acid supplements could be a good one. Any of you girls have there OH on a mountain of pills to help his sperms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Reducing or avoiding cigarettes and alcohol is always recommended. As is having as healthy a diet as possible with lots of fresh fruit and veg, with plenty of exercise. Keep your balls cool to keep your swimmers alive and active, so wear loose trousers and underwear and don't put a warm laptop over your crotch. If you haven't had sex in 3 or 4 days it's good to "clear the pipes" a day or 2 before you try, but don't masturbate in the hours before sex.

Zinc rich foods are good, like asparagus and strawberries, but a zinc supplement is also recommended. Zinc increases your testosterone production so it has the double benefit of giving you a higher sperm count and increased libido.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As Iguana said reducing cigarettes and alcohol and zinc rich foods are important. Brazil nuts are an excellent source of Zinc.

There are supplements you can take which reduce sperm quality, assuming there is no major underlying medical problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

When husband and I went through fertility treatment (unexplained infertility), they told him to wear boxers, not take hot baths or go to saunas, and not to have the laptop on his lap. Also to have sex every 2-5 days, but not to leave it longer than 7 days if possible as the little guys start to get sluggish then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Selenium

Advertisement