Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i have the new sony w995 phone and was wondering how to upload songs from cd to phon

• 14-08-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

i tried to upload the cds to phone with the usb cable and it sent to the fone but when i went to play them they were not there any ideas how to upload the cds thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Can you describe exactly what you are doing and what exactly the problem you are seeing is?

What software are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

First copy the cd to Computer, then connect your ph as Mass memory or whatever option you have. Then find the drive and Drag and drop songs.

PS: Most of the CD's Are protected so they won't work once you copy them so prob that's what happening with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

deep1 wrote: »
    PS: Most of the CD's Are protected so they won't work once you copy them so prob that's what happening with you.

CDs aren't copy protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    CDs aren't copy protected.

Most of them are DRM Protected or whatever you say, Try copy them to PC and play.
    If not anybody can burn them and make unlimited copies.
    Have alook and you will find lots of article related to this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD/DVD_copy_protection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

deep1 wrote: »
    Most of them are DRM Protected or whatever you say, Try copy them to PC and play.
    If not anybody can burn them and make unlimited copies.
    Have alook and you will find lots of article related to this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD/DVD_copy_protection

While I can't speak for Tom, I can only surmise that what he is referring to is that CDs, in general, do no have any form of copy-protection. The CD format has been available since 1982 and as such, millions of CDs are now available without copy protection.

As per the link you provided, copy protection was only introduced by certain record companies in an attempt to reduce piracy in 2002. After Sony had a huge public backlash with their own variant of CD copy-protection in 2005, such methods have been used less and less by record companies in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You are using the Sony Ericsson software???

Advertisement