Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Repeat???

Options
  • 14-08-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm going back to repeat and I would like some info on where the best place to repeat is?

ok I know there is the institute and it is still on the cards but it is a lot of money.I live in Dublin but I's love to hear of places outside Dublin that have a good standard of teaching.

Appreciate any feedback given :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Well in Dublin, I know you asked for outside of it, there's Marino college and Plunketts which offer a very high standard teaching I do believe. If I wasn't heading to the insitute I'd seriosely look into them before I considered schools outside of Dublin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

cheers buddy and yeah I know about them too, i dunno would just fancy getting out of Dublin for a year....too much of a distraction

Oh so you're talking about boarding schools? I can see the appeal actually:rolleyes:

yeah big time.I just need to apply myself cause I only started doing that towards the end of the year.

Ditto I never considered any school other than the Institute, might look into others now thanks:p

• Advertisement

no prob could be the best thing you do because althought the institute is good, it has its distractions too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I remember repeating. The year flew and I would expect the same to happen for you. In terms of changing the school where you are repeating, I don't see the point to be honest. If you REALLY want to do better, you will and unless you are under heavy gunfire on a daily basis, repeating in the same school won't make a difference. Don't blame anyone but yourself

I'd love to hear you say that after even a week in my school, average of 120 points one teacher remarked while downloading music during french class...

Liamario wrote: »
    I remember repeating. The year flew and I would expect the same to happen for you. In terms of changing the school where you are repeating, I don't see the point to be honest. If you REALLY want to do better, you will and unless you are under heavy gunfire on a daily basis, repeating in the same school won't make a difference. Don't blame anyone but yourself

well its not that I have a problem with the school its just in a bad place and too much **** goes on.i know its up to the person themselves, I would just like a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Yeats in Galway isn't a boarding school, but there is accomodation nearby that is specifically for people sitting the Leaving there.

http://www.yeatscollege.ie/

• Advertisement

ChiefBrody wrote: »
    Yeats in Galway isn't a boarding school, but there is accomodation nearby that is specifically for people sitting the Leaving there.

http://www.yeatscollege.ie/

What's the fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

Yeats in Galway is €6,900 a year - excluding accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Your local VEC will run LC classes, I think they're free.

EZeeBOS wrote: »
    Yeats in Galway is €6,900 a year - excluding accommodation.

Jesus I was thinking it'd be cheaper than the 'tute and with the accomodation it'd even itself out:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

cbc in Monkstown...know a fair few people who got 600 points in that school.

NBB Bohs wrote: »
    wouldnt go there...no chance.

Really what year were you in?

the school just seems bent. didn't go there though.

Bent? how do you know if you didn't go to that school?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

the school just seems bent. didn't go there though.
    mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Bent? how do you know if you didn't go to that school?
    How the hell could a school be "bent"?

If you can't make a helpful comment, please refrain from making any!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Schools are not good or bad. People achieve high and low results in every type of school.

I have taught plenty students you could pay x grand a year to send to some private school and they would still struggle to pass at Ordinary level. I have others you could sit by the side of the road with a few books and they would get honours in Higher. It all boils down to the student themselves.

Having parents pushing you because they have shelled out a load of dosh in fees no doubt adds to motivation, but it doesn't give any guarantee of success.

Advertisement