Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man in Red Van - Roadworks Limerick to Shannon

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Finally someone else seen the irony in him filming while driving

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Clippidy clop, clippidy clop. Here comes the high horse brigade.

I should be put off the road because my digital camera was sitting on my dashboard. Jeez. :rolleyes:

I wasnt brushing my hair, eating a breakfast roll, reading a book, drinking and driving, talking on a mobile phone, driving with my knees, speeding or EVEN....wait for it.............driving in the right hand lane.

How thin is the air up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Berty wrote: »

I should be put off the road because my digital camera was sitting on my dashboard. Jeez. :rolleyes:

I wasnt brushing my hair, eating a breakfast roll, reading a book, drinking and driving, talking on a mobile phone, driving with my knees, speeding or EVEN....wait for it.............driving in the right hand lane.

Didnt you know everyone here never breaks the ROTR or has any penalty points?

jackncoke wrote: »
    Didnt you know everyone here never breaks the ROTR or has any penalty points?

Laywer fvkced me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Melion wrote: »
    Finally someone else seen the irony in him filming while driving

I can think of better words than irony for filming slow moving traffic with a digital camera while driving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Hey Berty judging by your pontificating about driving throughout this thread I'd say you must be a founding member of "The high horse brigade". Judging on your knowledge of the rules of the road maybe you should stick to the horses and stay away from the cars ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I can think of better words than irony for filming slow moving traffic with a digital camera while driving.

Dangerous, irresponsible??? Do tell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Coming through there tonight, heading from Limerick to Shannon, at 5, traffic was stop start, more stop then start. Then I noticed a VW in the right hand land driving at about 5km/hour and even stopping a couple of times. It took a few minutes for his actions to have effect, but then the traffic started flowing steadily though. It definately made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I tried going back to Limerick on dual carriage way today again. Instantly regretted when I came to the queue of traffic. Even more so when 4 cars in a row were trying to squeeze in by the cones. Then they get pissed off when you don't let them in. It's infuriating!!!

I'm sticking to Cratloe road for the time being!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I haven't read through the whole thread but apart from the people merging from the right which actually doesn't bother me that much, has anyone noticed how retardedly slow people drive through the temporary road? I mean people aren't even trying to go 50kph. Its ****in clown shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Cratloe is our friend :D God Bless rat runs, No Merging traffic, No Cones, No A-holes that won't let you merge for fear that you might get 4 ft in front of them.

Roll on 2010 when the new road is due to open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Musha wrote: »
    No A-holes that won't let you merge for fear that you might get 4 ft in front of them.
    and no a-holes skipping ques causing everyone else to slow down...

(had to get in there :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty, whats your opinion on the drivers that use the hard shoulder to skip the queue?

Berty, whats your opinion on the drivers that use the hard shoulder to skip the queue?

As much as anybodys, its against the law so anybody who does it is a bell end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Berty,

Do you have any penalty points?
    Parking fines?

Did you get these for breaking a law?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

MrFireBox wrote: »
    Another thing that annoys me is the junction on Childers Road leading into Claughaun GAA club. The left hand lane is for turning into Castletroy View etc and is clearly marked on the road but ignrant idiots in a hurry go straight on when using this lane to go into the retail park instead of queuing like everyone else :mad:

I've discovered an easy fix for this, as i too hate it. As soon as im past the turn i immediately pull into the left lane. Serves them right!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Good to see this opened again.

Was anyone else coming from Shannon into Limerick yesterday about half 4? A 40ft lorry was in the overtaking lane and travelling the same speed as the traffic in left lane. It was fúcking great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Didn't see that but there was a 4 car shunt shortly after Setrights when I was coming through about 5.30pm. There was an entire bumper on the ground, a few dents and bruises and a tow truck from the crash repair place in Cratloe.

It slowed traffic a bit just before it but wow - we just zoomed along after it. Happy days :D (not for those involved though :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've done the whole queueing up on the left lane and it took fookin ages, now i stay in the overtaking lane, get pretty close to the cut off and when there's space i'll indicate and pull into the slow lane, some people on this thread seem to get pissed off when someone uses their initiative.

• Advertisement

If most of the posters on here lived in Dublin - they would all be using the overtaking lane!!

Anyone face major delays on M7 roadworks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

I've done the whole queueing up on the left lane and it took fookin ages, now i stay in the overtaking lane, get pretty close to the cut off and when there's space i'll indicate and pull into the slow lane, some people on this thread seem to get pissed off when someone uses their initiative.
    would you do that if you were stuck in a big que in a shop?
    its not against the law.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wylo wrote: »
    its not against the law.

When have you ever seen a second lane (queue) to the same till in a shop? :confused: It's an inaccurate comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Someone did this a when I was driving in from Shannon a few days ago, I thought wtf when there was still a fast lane still on the outside of me.

tech2 wrote: »
    Someone did this a when I was driving in from Shannon a few days ago, I thought wtf when there was still a fast lane still on the outside of me.

Crazy person obviously. This happened to me on the Southern bypass and it was a beat up car driven by somebody barely old enough/big enough to see over the wheel.

I called Roxboro. They took my car but did not seem to appreciate my concern about catching him.

The cops are out on the SRR just outside Adare (where i experienced it) and are pulling people for it. Its highly dangerous - wouldnt leave anyone in to the queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

wylo wrote: »
    its not against the law.

Eh? what's that got to do with the price of cabbage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Crazy person obviously. This happened to me on the Southern bypass and it was a beat up car driven by somebody barely old enough/big enough to see over the wheel.

I called Roxboro. They took my car but did not seem to appreciate my concern about catching him.

They took your car for ringing them? Haaaaaarsh.

Jumpy wrote: »
    They took your car for ringing them? Haaaaaarsh.

Ah damn. I meant details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Whats it like heading northbound around 3 in the afternoon? Heading this way tomorrow.

Advertisement