Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E55 with half qwerty now on sale

• 14-08-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Nokia-E55_black_01_lowres.jpgNokia-E55_white_01_lowres.jpg

Nokia Specs

I think this is a nice phone imo, got most things you would want. Ok the lack of the full qwerty may turn people off a bit, but still has a lot going for it i think. Wifi, HSDPA, 3.5 jack, 3.2 MP, 2048x1536 pixel camera, and comes in Black Aluminium, White Aluminium, and Red for about £250 sim free.

I suppose the big thing is the half qwerty, which i think i would take over the sister the E52 with has the standard numbered keypad. Possible E72 competitor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Is it on sale in Ireland? Don't think I could choose it over the e52 with that keypad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I dunno about this half qwerty thing. Is there really a need to go changing the keyboard away from the norm? I don't think it really speeds things up especially if you're using predictive text. Apart from that, its pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Davy wrote: »
    Nokia-E55_black_01_lowres.jpgNokia-E55_white_01_lowres.jpg

Nokia Specs

I think this is a nice phone imo, got most things you would want. Ok the lack of the full qwerty may turn people off a bit, but still has a lot going for it i think. Wifi, HSDPA, 3.5 jack, 3.2 MP, 2048x1536 pixel camera, and comes in Black Aluminium, White Aluminium, and Red for about £250 sim free.

I suppose the big thing is the half qwerty, which i think i would take over the sister the E52 with has the standard numbered keypad. Possible E72 competitor?

Where is it for sale? U sure it is not e52 u mean? Has been on sale in uk by gum mobile since monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Phone looks pretty sweet but the half qerty thing puts me right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Quite like the look of the half qwerty. They reckon the camera and video are relatively good for the relatively low spec of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Oh i see they have e55 as well now. Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Davy wrote: »

If I had to choose between a half qwerty keypad and a standard keypad, I'd choose a standard keypad every time. The fact that you can use predictive text on a standard keypad makes the half qwerty keypad redundant, since you have to learn how to type using a half qwerty keypad.

I'd go for the E52 over this handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xtrcom2

bough the phone in london few weeks ago. love it but then one day it just died (would not power on or charge or connect to the pc) had to send it back and got a new replacement two days ago and that broke as well. the phone powers on but the knocks off after 2 seconds.

don't rush buying this phone until there is new firmware update

anyway, great phone! very fast to do anything with such as powering on or opening up aplications.
    great battery life and easy to type with the "qw er ty" keyboard after a small bit of getting used to.

any questions just grop a line

P.S paid 280 punds

Advertisement