Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESPN on NTL

Options
  • 14-08-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Thought I would throw it up in a new thread. Its €10 if you have the Sky Sports package with the NTL and €15 if you don't.

http://www.upc.ie/television/channels/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Wonder what channel no its on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

407. ESPN Classics has been added as a free channel on 409. 410 is still ESPN US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

forgive me if I'm wrong but flicking through the channels today on my "dodgey box" I noticed that the channel still listed as Setanta Golf is now ESPN, and not ESPN America. They were showing TUF USA v UK on it. So hopefully this is the channel that is showing the UFCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Dan133269 wrote: »
    forgive me if I'm wrong but flicking through the channels today on my "dodgey box" I noticed that the channel still listed as Setanta Golf is now ESPN, and not ESPN America. They were showing TUF USA v UK on it. So hopefully this is the channel that is showing the UFCs.

It was announced that ESPN would be showing UFC events and they have already shown UFC 101 so it is a safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It was announced that ESPN would be showing UFC events and they have already shown UFC 101 so it is a safe bet.

What I meant was, in case anyone has a dodgey box and was considering other ways of seeing the ufcs because they are unaware espn is actually on the box as the channel listed as setanta golf, check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

Fozzy wrote: »
    407. ESPN Classics has been added as a free channel on 409. 410 is still ESPN US

So what's the story, is ESPN US or ESPN Classics going to show the highlights of UFC 101 and all other UFC's and TUF in future ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

O'Leprosy wrote: »
    So what's the story, is ESPN US or ESPN Classics going to show the highlights of UFC 101 and all other UFC's and TUF in future ?

lol neither, its on 407 which is just ESPN, ESPN US and ESPN classics are seperate and showing no UFC afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tones69 wrote: »
    lol neither, its on 407 which is just ESPN, ESPN US and ESPN classics are seperate and showing no UFC afaik

Looks that way although I see no reason why ESPN Classics couldn't show older events in future. They will need to negotiate a deal for that but it would be great to see old UFC and Pride events on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

from espn website

Watch live and exclusive UFC action from around the World featuring the most anticipated dates in any fight fans' diary – the UFC Events. Plus watch a whole host of programming including UFC Countdown, UFC Fight Nights, The Ultimate Fighter Series, UFC All Access and UFC Unleashed.

UFC features the world's elite fighters and is the fastest growing sports organisation in the world. UFC athletes compete in the world-famous Octagon across five weight divisions and use a mixture of martial arts including boxing, kickboxing, Olympic wrestling, karate, Brazilian jiu-jitsu among many others.

Advertisement