Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mate Poaching - The Oklahoma Study

• 14-08-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭

A new study has just revealed what we all knew all along. Men are natural faithful and simply led astray by women. :D
    The results of the study showed that men were more attracted to a woman when being told she was single, while the opposite was found in women, who seemed to be more attracted to married men.

http://www.infoniac.com/offbeat-news/single-women-more-attracted-to-married-men.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I knew it! Finanlly, scientific proof :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Most blokes could have told you that though.

I believe the technical term is the FOFT.
    (feast or famine theory)

Single - no woman will look at you.
    Attached - suddenly you become much more attractive.

Ive experienced and seen this first hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'm going to get fleeced if my missus reads this, but I genuinely think there is some weight behind the theory that, in order to best pass on your DNA, a mans instincts are to have as many partners as possible, and a womans is to have one. If you strip away all thoughts of morality and conscience, that theory just fits, for me. I wonder is a womans attraction to a man subconsciously increased because she knows he already attracted a mate?
    We're just bags of meat reacting to electrical and chemical stimuli really :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

"Bags of meat"

Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

tbh wrote: »
    I'm going to get fleeced if my missus reads this, but I genuinely think there is some weight behind the theory that, in order to best pass on your DNA, a mans instincts are to have as many partners as possible, and a womans is to have one. If you strip away all thoughts of morality and conscience, that theory just fits, for me. I wonder is a womans attraction to a man subconsciously increased because she knows he already attracted a mate?
    We're just bags of meat reacting to electrical and chemical stimuli really :D

Not really. A woman needs a man to raise, protect and provide for her children, and a man to give her children good DNA. These do not have to be the same man... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

994 wrote: »
    Not really. A woman needs a man to raise, protect and provide for her children, and a man to give her children good DNA. These do not have to be the same man... :eek:

Some studies say that up to 30% of children are not the children of the father named on the birth cerificate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

994 wrote: »

I never thought about it like that before :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

tbh wrote: »
    I never thought about it like that before :D

Cryptic big grin? - TBH gatecrashes an Anne Summers party.

Advertisement