Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sackable offence??

Options
  • 14-08-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am about to start legal proceedings against my employer.

A number of months ago, I had some notes to do with my case in my handbag, which I bring into the office during work. At lunch or break times my handbag is always with me. Today at work I was looking for a folder on my collegues desk (Not looking in her drawers or that but on her desk) and within the shelves on her desk, I found a photocopy of a page of my case notes I had brought into work a few months ago. She went into my handbag months ago (when I had the notes in my handbag) took a copy of the page, and left the page back in my handbag, and kept a copy for herself which she left within the shelf on her desk, until I found it today.

I took the photocopy with me. I am wondering can she be dismissed for intruding through my handbag, and taking a copy of private personal information?If anyone would know for sure if she can be fired over this, let me know I would appreciate it

My solicitor is up to his eyes at the moment, and I won't be able to have a consoltation with him for about another month, and I don't want to bother him over this.

Advertisement