Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost dog

Options
  • 14-08-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

The poor dog was taken from its owners car yesterday in the galway shopping centre.Hes a lovely little dog answers to the name Inky he has a name tag on his collar. hes missed terribly. If anyone could help find him it would be appreciated. you can ring the number on the picture or 091 - 562812

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The miserable bastards...

Hope hes found ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I really hope they find him he looks so adorable. Some people have no concscous to take someone's pet. Good luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

The dog may have been rescued. Leaving a dog in a car on a hot day like yesterday (or in any weather) is highly irresponsible.

Have you checked the pound?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

Tzetze i understand that but the owner literally popped into a shop for a paper. from what i know the dog was later seen be someone else who didn't realise it had been taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Hope you find her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mybad9000

hope you find it
    bumpy bump

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

mybad9000 wrote: »
    hope you find it
    bumpy bump
    mind me asking what do you mean by 'bumpy bump'?.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Not sure if this is any help but I saw a poster today about a found dog. The poster was taped to a lamppost half way down the Moneenageisha Road on the way down the hill to the lights. I could not see it properly as I was driving but so I am not sure what type of dog was found. I know it's a long shot but it would be great if it were the dog you are looking for. I hope you have good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I hope they find the dog. I don't mean to be smart, but considering the size, have they fully checked all areas inside the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

ingalway wrote: »
    Not sure if this is any help but I saw a poster today about a found dog. The poster was taped to a lamppost half way down the Moneenageisha Road on the way down the hill to the lights. I could not see it properly as I was driving but so I am not sure what type of dog was found. I know it's a long shot but it would be great if it were the dog you are looking for. I hope you have good news soon.

i have seen this poster too cause i work nearby. i think it says that it was a little terrier type dog found and it has been up for a good while now. i have seen it before the op's post though i think! the poster was taken down the last time i passed. so not sure if that means dog was found or not. good luck with it though. will keep my eyes peeled!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

blond45 wrote: »

Thread bump. Sends it to the top of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

Tzetze wrote: »
    The dog may have been rescued. Leaving a dog in a car on a hot day like yesterday (or in any weather) is highly irresponsible.

What hot day are you refering to?
    That link you gave mentions hot days but it says nothing about "any weather". And the Irish society for animal welfare is at www.ispca.ie
    If you dealt with the ISPCA or any of the animal shelters at all you'd know that theft of dogs is rife in this country.
    Thanks for your input though.

whineflu wrote: »
    What hot day are you refering to?
    That link you gave mentions hot days but it says nothing about "any weather". And the Irish society for animal welfare is at www.ispca.ie
    If you dealt with the ISPCA or any of the animal shelters at all you'd know that theft of dogs is rife in this country.
    Thanks for your input though.

The OP referred to the dog going missing on the 13th. That day was bright and sunny in Galway. I used my own car several times that afternoon and could barely stand the heat when I got into the car.

The link may not mention "any weather", so do you take that to mean that it's ok to leave a dog unattended in a closed car in anything but the hottest of weather?

Theft of dogs is not limited to this country. I linked to the RSPCA site as that was the top of the results when I googled "dogs left in hot cars".

You're welcome for my input. Do you think it was irrelevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

Dogs should not be left in cars on warm days...
    But to steal a dog is far more heinous. This is a problem particularly among more expensive pedigree dogs.

He had a collar on him and presumably was in a great condition. Surely if it was a legitimate agency concerned for the welfare of the dog, they would not act so rashly. They would have waited until the owner returned or they would have left a note to inform the owner of their actions and seek some sort of explanation? Sounds like theft.

Hope he turns up ok! Will keep eyes peeled!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

hi, any update anyone, was he found??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

This may not be relevant but I'll say it anyway: I saw a very similar looking dog the other day outside Island House by the cathedral. It caught my attention firstly because it looked like the dog in the photo here, and secondly because when the owner called the dog back (it was walking around the parked cars) it didn't respond at all to him. The dog I saw was tiny with what looked like an overly-large collar with a badge on it. It was Tuesday I think. Anyway, it could be completely unrelated but I haven't seen many of those dogs of that size around so it caught my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

_ZeeK_ wrote: »
    Dogs should not be left in cars on warm days...

Especially without even a hand gun or to be more topical knife to protect itself!

thanks for all the help no we havent found him yet but we're still looking. :)

I received a delightful PM during the night before last...

<PM snipped by Magnus>

So, one person claiming the owner was in the newsagents buying a paper, another claiming the owner was only two feet away.

The temperature in a car at noon on a sunny summer's day is much higher than you seem to think.

Another reminder that dogs and cars don't mix;
    * Your dog's normal temperature is approximately 101F (38C) - at a temperature of 105F (40C) your dog will be suffering moderate heatstroke and at 108F (42C) [tag]dog heatstroke[/tag] can be severe and potentially deadly;

* When it's 85F (29C) outside, the inside of your car can reach 102F within 10 minutes; 20 minutes later and the temperature is likely to be 120F;

* Even when it's only 72F (22C) outside, the car can heat up to 105F within 30 minutes;

Leaving the car windows open has a negligible effect on both the inside temperature and the rate at which the car heats up;

Your dog is designed to conserve heat and only has sweat glands on his paw pads and his nose;

Your dog regulates his temperature by panting - expelling warm air and inhaling cool air. In a hot car he will be breathing in hot air and so fighting a losing battle against heatstroke; and

Even if you get your dog out of the car and cool him down, he may have suffered long term damage to his brain and internal organs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I received a delightful PM during the night before last...

So, one person claiming the owner was in the newsagents buying a paper, another claiming the owner was only two feet away.

The temperature in a car at noon on a sunny summer's day is much higher than you seem to think.

Another reminder that dogs and cars don't mix;

It seems you touched a nerve with someone Tzetze........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Any luck finding the dog? I know it's upsetting when a pet goes missing; I've had a thread similar to this one myself in the past.

Tzetze i was only going on what i had been told when i originally posted it. so it is possibly the owner may have been putting the trolley back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

blond45 wrote: »
    jesus-wept.jpg?w=230&h=369

Advertisement