Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed: maplin universal SC|RT modulator

Options
  • 14-08-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

have the whole thing plugged in and stuff, but wondering what frequency these things modulate, and what are the function switches at the back for, do these adjust the frequency.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Funy one this?

Normally they have a link in the uk site to a pdf of the manual
    In this case somone had actually posted a link to a manual they had
    gone to the bother of creating themselves and Maplin removed it!

Your best bet is to email technical@maplin.co.uk and request a copy
    System:PAL-I RF channels:CH21 - CH69 RF output:471.25MHz - 855.25MHz (UHF) RF output level:70dBµV Audio sub-carrier:6.0MHz Video input level:1Vp-p, adjustable
    The code is VH89W

Specifications:
    System: PAL-I
    RF channels: CH21 - CH69
    RF output: 471.25MHz - 855.25MHz (UHF)
    RF output level: 70dBµV
    Audio sub-carrier: 6.0MHz
    Video input level: 1Vp-p, adjustable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

I have one of these. The switches are to indeed adjust the frequency. Works pretty well. Possible that you have some other item in line on the same frequency - Digibox, VCR etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 combe down

Also having trouble connecting maplins modulator box to Tv with no scart, using Matsui digi box. The tv has no connections except arial, Maplins shop is no help and I cant make out the instructions or diagrams. Do I need another connection lead with three, red yellow and white to go into box and will the other end have to go into tv. I reached the last stage but did not know how to tune in, only get the non digi channels, seems I may have a non convertible tv, so the shop told me, if so money for nothing!

Advertisement