Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help ordering item from german shop

Options
  • 14-08-2009 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As the title says, I'm trying to order something from a german ebay shop, but everything's in German - would someone be able to help me communicating with the seller? I just need to ensure exactly what is included in the sale and if they'll post to the rebublic of Ireland.
    If anyone is willing to offer their help, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Don't do this free translation thing! It's awful, babelfish-like.
    Ask your questions in simple English. Most Germans understand English. If not, you can post your questions here and someone will translate it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I've been messing around with it and translating questions english to german and back to english to make sure it's not gibberish!
    Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

What exactly do you want to say?

Könnten Sie dies nach Irland liefern?, An was kostet? Vielen Dank

This is the item: click!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Könnten Sie dies nach Irland liefern?, An was kostet? Vielen Dank

This is the item: click!

Your German is more understandable and perfect than the online-translation. I get stuff from German ebay myself and usually they'll send it to Ireland.

If you want to get it absolutely right:

"Liefern Sie auch nach Irland? Und wieviel kostet der Versand? Vielen Dank."

If you need any more help with the communication, just post it here.

palaver wrote: »
    Your German is more understandable and perfect than the online-translation. I get stuff from German ebay myself and usually they'll send it to Ireland.

If you want to get it absolutely right:

"Liefern Sie auch nach Irland? Und wieviel kostet der Versand? Vielen Dank."

If you need any more help with the communication, just post it here.

I got that after messing about with the translator for a bit, it kept coming up with some silly sentances before I tweaked it enough to get that!

Advertisement