Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

News relating to Xbox 360 "Jasper" Models.

• 14-08-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

With the imminent and likely reduction in price of the Xbox 360 Elite console in the coming weeks, I thought it would be helpful to would be purchasers that HMV in Blanchardstown are selling "Jasper" model Elites and I can confirm this. Most importantly, these are the Black Elites.

On the outside of the box, there is a sticker with the various manufacturing details and barcodes for retail use, but above the barcode for scanning you will find LOT: 0920X. Furthermore, upon opening the box the power unit says 12V, 12.1A. If you are unable to get your hands on the power unit for confirmation another small element to note would be the box art. It has Fable II as the main picture and title.

For those who do not follow the various Xbox 360 manufacturing types, "Jasper" models are the latest range which utilise parts designed to a smaller form factor. They are also somewhat more quieter and (so far) have yet to encounter a RROD.

Hope this helps people thinking of buying an Elite in the coming weeks! :)

P.S I can post pictures if you require confirmation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Can anyone tell me if the jasper is the premium console with the HDMI port?Or do the others have this too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

they all have it now i think..I know the elite and premium jaspers do anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Berkut wrote: »
    they all have it now i think..I know the elite and premium jaspers do anyway.

Thanks,And meant pro by the way :pac:

So as my 360 has got HDMI it's a jasper model?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hsanz114clayton

Hey, Iv been looking into buying a 360 using a giftcard for gamestop i got.do u know if the arcade models they sell are the jaspers because iv heard a few orror stories about the whole rrod business:confused:

am i at any other disadvantage going for the arcade model aside from being unable 2 download and play online?

cheers guys:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ricky91t wrote: »
    So as my 360 has got HDMI it's a jasper model?
    Not necessarily. Check the back of the console to see if it's 12.1 amp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Just bought an elite in HMV grafton street recently but it doesn't look like its a jasper :(

It says lot number 0835 (i think) and the power block is 12v 14.2A

Anyone know which one that is?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

@ animax
    looks like yours is this one

Falcon (late 2007)
    - 65 nm CPU
    - Bigger CPU cooler
    - 175 Watt powersupply / 12V rated 14.2A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

@ animax
    looks like yours is this one

Falcon (late 2007)
    - 65 nm CPU
    - Bigger CPU cooler
    - 175 Watt powersupply / 12V rated 14.2A

Thanks man, handy to know. Hopefully I won't have trouble with it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Hey, Iv been looking into buying a 360 using a giftcard for gamestop i got.do u know if the arcade models they sell are the jaspers because iv heard a few orror stories about the whole rrod business:confused:

am i at any other disadvantage going for the arcade model aside from being unable 2 download and play online?

cheers guys:)

The best way to check is to ask a staff member to open the box and look at the manufcturing sticker on the console itself. If it says 12v, 12.1 Amp, then rest assured it is a Jasper model.

With regards not having a HDD, the 360 is starting to go very Digital Download-esque with Games on Demand/Downloadable Movies, an vast improvement in DLC content and Arcade Games of quality such as Battlefield 1943.

The price difference between an Arcade and Pro is around 50 Euro, and you get a 60Gb HDD with that. It would be best to hold out for a HDD imo.

Hope this helps!

Advertisement