Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing home CCTV via Eircom Netopia router

Options
  • 14-08-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Folks,

Hope this topic is not done to death, I had a quick look and couldn't find anything relevant. I am trying to access my home CCTV DVR and have broadband from Eircom.

I know my public IP changes regularly and can manage that with some client software from DYNDNS.org

I tried setting up port 80 on the netopia to go to the DVR (internal ip for the DVR is 192.68.1.10, the netopia itself is 192.168.1.254) however when I http to the routers public ip (that changes often) I am not getting the DVR login screen. I know the DVR is online and networked as I can get to it on the internal network. After all it is patched into the netopia.

Oh I took the Firewall down completely on the router and it didn;t make any difference. Finally I started thinking that maybe Eircom dont allow this? Does anyone have any ideas for me/point me in some direction?

Very much appreciate any help,

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Coming in on port 80 You've not told the Netopia where to go. Use a port other than 80, say 8080 and You'll have to port forward, ie create a custom service on the Netopia. Then connect to the device by using :8080 after the dyndns.org host name

Advertisement