Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SB600 - Wide Area AF Assist not working.

• 14-08-2009 10:21pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

When I was at Charleville Castle I noticed that the Wide Area AF Assist on my SB600 Flash wasn't working (it's the matrix of red lights that come from the front of the flash to help AF in low light) Since then I have been looking through all the menu options on the Flash & D300 to see if I had set something to turn it off.

When I turned the AF Assist off in the flash then the normal one on the D300 would work. Other than that I could not find anything. I did a reset to defaults & still no joy. I was coming to the conclusion that the SB600 had developed a fault.

Tonight I got my old D70S back & thought I would stick the SB600 onto it to see if it would work properly. A long shot but it did, the AF Assist was fine on the D70S. So then I put it back on the D300 & nothing. I then took the Lens (18-55 VR) off the D70 & put it on the D300 & the AF Assist works again. Put the Sigma 10-20 back on & it stops working. Put the Sigma 10-20 onto the D70S with the SB600 & it works fine.

I think it must be a fault in the D300. Very weird indeed. At least the D300 still has about 18 months of warranty left.

Advertisement