Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom hogan liquidation auction

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Are you trolling now, ninty9er? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

unkel wrote: »
    Are you trolling now, ninty9er? :)

I'm agreeing to a point, but saying there is always going to be a floor price that a dealer can take, or else the price of everything else on the lot has to be modified to balance it out. I do get your point about cash being king though. €40k cash is better than €90k stock as far as the bank is concerned. Only problem being the €90k is probably levereging an overdraft at some level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

This was the Audi A4 Convertible (and the most basic model at that).. Bloodly hell, where are these buyers ???

http://www.eauctions.ie/pages/gocart/audi-a4-convertible-1.8-litre-petrol821.php?p=15

I've been looking to sell a BMW convertible for almost 6 months with a cheaper price tag and having no luck. Anyone know where these buyers are based (and how to get there attention :p)..

pray tell - how is a leather, Tiptronic/Multitronic 1.8t A4 Convertible......'the most basic' ? I'd like to live in that universe, myself......;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Does anyone know what lot 43 went for? It's the only one I know how much it was on the forecourt for just before they closed. Couldn't make it to the auction myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 davidr10

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the 964 went for? (Lot 20)
    Have a 1984 911 soft top, great nick full history 2 keys etc. any idea what its worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

A few cars were still there this morning, I thought they should be collected by Tuesday? The 65k Landcruiser was among them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 RMM555

ninty9er wrote: »
    €32k. I know that's ridiculously low, but nobody from the trade would have touched it with a bargepole.

i fairness 32k for that car. there's value in the motor trade in ireland at the moment but no one is giving away cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'll tell ya what, if this auction is anything to go by, it would be worth your while sticking your car up for auction instead of having it up on Carzone for 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 RMM555

I'll tell ya what, if this auction is anything to go by, it would be worth your while sticking your car up for auction instead of having it up on Carzone for 6 months.

People are going to these auctions thinking they are getting the bargin of a life time because they are buying at an auction but what really happens is that they get carried away with themselves and pay london for cars. The same thing happened when the Peugeot garage in liffy valley and newlands renault closed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

ninty9er wrote: »
    That loss doesn't exist. Why do people not understand the difference between a contingent liability and an actual one:rolleyes:

Surely the difference between a realised and unrealised loss no?

Off the top of my head, a contingent liability is a present obligation arising from a past event of uncertain future timing that will lead to the probable outflow of economic benefits!!

EDIT: that's actually so wrong... contingent liabilities are something that may or may nor occur due to future events, like a court case. The big thing is tho, for it to be a contingent liability there must be a constructive obligation. That is, CHOOSING to sell your premises does not constitute a constructive obligation. So it's just a straight forward loss to your P&L!!

And lol at people getting auction fever.... always amuses me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

i agree most went for over priced, but some people did get a bargain myself included.
    i got a car 2000 under book price, but this car was a trade in, which there was personal belongings in the car, the previous owner only lives round the corner from me so i posted them to her.
    she called me, said she traded the car in , early feb 2009.
    this car should have either gone back into stock for hogans, or been sold on to another dealer in 2 months maximum ( i worked for BMW for 12 years in the uk) to turn it around.
    it was left doing nothing.. my sympathy for the liquidation of this dealership went after this discovery.

Also goes to show a properly run auction would have a place in Galway.

Advertisement