Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sansa Fuze any good?

• 14-08-2009 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Are they any good? seem good value and with the expandable memory.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I own one and I like it a lot. I've never bothered to expand the memory (8gb is plenty for me) but what I like about it are the FM radio and the ease with which you can put music onto it. It's just drag and drop - no need for iTunes or any other music software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The Sansa Clip and Fuze are identical internally, both use the same hardware chip.

SanDisk don't make it clear on their website that you can just drag music to the 'Audio' folder on their players. Tagged audio files will be played in order etc.. untagged too, as long as they're numbered.

You can also dump audio to the player using Windows Media Player, Winamp, Foobar 2000(with some fiddling using a plugin), Rhythmbox (Linux)

That's all I've tried so far, I'm sure there's more.

Nice radio (very quick preset system and recording). Nice EQ. The sound has more depth (with good headphones) than an equivalent Apple product.

---

The downside of the players: gapless playback isn't quite there yet. You get the occasional pop and crackle playing .flac files.

Shop around, the prices vary wildly in Dublin.

Advertisement