Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish dont love spuds anymore!

Options
  • 14-08-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Bord Bia have announced that potatoe sales are way down and the Irish need to be taught how to cook them better! This has probably cost them thousands in research! They seem to think we are eating and buying more pasta and rice. HELLO, has it not occurred to them that that WE ARE GROWING OUR OWN SPUDS. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i've been getting a decent crop this year, even with a bit of blight. Haven't bought potatoes in the shops half as much as normal tbh. haven't bought carrots, onions, cabbage or broccoli either when i think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppyfields

Last year when we told people we were growing our owns spuds we got laughed out of it for wasting our time on something that can be bought so cheap. Those same people growing them this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I got 10 free seed potatoes this year from a friend of mine who has an allottment, we got 55 spuds from the 9 plants that survived. Haven't bought spuds in about a month :)

Advertisement