Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people do this!!!

Options
  • 14-08-2009 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Came across this add on donedeal there now, black westie pups?????? hello, who they trying to kid, lol. €370 for them aswell! Trying to pass them off as pure bred Westies i think,

*snip*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My god people just amaze me. Dont know what to say really. The statement "first to see will buy" is..just..wow!Thats what a seller on carbuyersguide would say.

Even the way the poor puppy is being held in the photo is wrong. *sigh*

edit/just looked at it again!!!! Oh my god...what the hell, the poor thing has been strung up like a second rate toy. Im going to text this person and tell them exactly what i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Chancers and sadly there are people out there that are gullable enough to fall for it. They don't even look that westie-ish either possible crossed with one but they only come in White.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

anniehoo wrote: »
    My god people just amaze me. Dont know what to say really. The statement "first to see will buy" is..just..wow!Thats what a seller on carbuyersguide would say.

Even the way the poor puppy is being held in the photo is wrong. *sigh*

I didnt like the way the pup was being held either, its a living thing for god sake.

I still cant believe they are selling them as Westie's and for that price, its unreal

Chancers and sadly there are people out there that are gullable enough to fall for it. They don't even look that westie-ish either possible crossed with one but they only come in White.

Yeah i wonder what they are crossed with, i looking at my Westie as i type and there aint that much similar, the black 'westie' face is too round. I wonder what it is crossed with.

The reply i got was "Sorry not my dogs was asked to put that info up 4sum 1 with no internet access it will be removed".

• Advertisement

Ok the person attached to the number seems genuinely shocked and says they were just doing it to "help out a friend". I explained pups like that arent "westies" as the clue is in the name "white terriers" but to ensure regardless of whether theyre sold for money, to try and make sure they go to good homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Historically, the West Highland Terrier (Westie, white) and Scottish Terrier (Scotty, black) are one and the same breed. Only lately (and for marketing reasons) have they been classified and bred as two separate breeds.

Not that that particular seller would know ...but I thought ye might want to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Ring them up and breath heavily into the phone.

peasant wrote: »
    Historically, the West Highland Terrier (Westie, white) and Scottish Terrier (Scotty, black) are one and the same breed. Only lately (and for marketing reasons) have they been classified and bred as two separate breeds
    Any links to that info Peasant? :)

Skye,Cairn and Dandie Dinmont are also classed in the same bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

karlog wrote: »
    Ring them up and breath heavily into the phone.

Why?
    Maybe that why they dont answer blocked numbers??

I answer the phone for a rescue and I wont answer blocked numbers for the same reason

Just think for a moment what if you dialed the wrong number and pulled that stunt... someone is going to be very hurt and scared by that action.....why not go the right route like contacting donedeal ect

• Advertisement

annefitzy wrote: »
    Why?
    I contacted the number attached. They told me they were advertising on behalf of a friend with no net access. Seemed genuinely shocked but what can ye do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

annefitzy wrote: »
    Why?

I answer the phone for a rescue and I wont answer blocked numbers for the same reason

Just think for a moment what if you dialed the wrong number and pulled that stunt... someone is going to be very hurt and scared by that action.....why not go the right route like contacting donedeal ect

There is no right route on dealing with scams only the karlog route:D

This post is a joke

karlog wrote: »
    This post is a joke
    ...and so was your last one. Post constructively or not at all.

peasant wrote: »
    Historically, the West Highland Terrier (Westie, white) and Scottish Terrier (Scotty, black) are one and the same breed. Only lately (and for marketing reasons) have they been classified and bred as two separate breeds.

Not that that particular seller would know ...but I thought ye might want to :D

Yes thats true. As far as i know and what ive read, somebody got white pups from their scottish terrier litter (could of been bread with one of the other terriers) and they then bread the white pups to make the West Highland White Terrier, they are recognised as their own breed.

anniehoo wrote: »
    The reply i got was "Sorry not my dogs was asked to put that info up 4sum 1 with no internet access it will be removed".

Well done on contacting them, at least they know now and wont be trying to sell them as WHWT. They will have to repost the advert with the correct breed and ofcourse a proper price, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

i've no idea about dogs but people have the right to sell anything at any price they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

i've no idea about dogs but people have the right to sell anything at any price they want

If you've no idea about dogs then why are you commenting on this? The ad is misleading, those dogs are not Westies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

People can sell things at whatever price they like indeed. But it has to be what it says on the tin. Like you buying 'strawberries' and getting rhubard.

Advertisement