Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with GTA san andreas on PC

• 15-08-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Yo

Just got this for the PC and i'm having a few problems with it. when ever I minimise it it can be hard or completely impossible to get back into the game. Alt-tabbing just wont open it again like. Is there any updates or something I can get for it? I only got it recently I thought it would be up to date when I downloaded it. I'm using vista at the moment and dual nvidia 8800s with the latest drivers.

Also how do you get the mp3 channel to work? I have a bunch of mp3s in the 'User tracks' folder but I can't get them to play. Do they have to be ogg vorbis files or summit? God vice city never had these problems :rolleyes:

Any got any advice? cheers

its version 3.0
    *edit* It's also happening with cs:source. Could this be a steam thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just got this for the PC and i'm having a few problems with it. when ever I minimise it it can be hard or completely impossible to get back into the game. Alt-tabbing just wont open it again like. Is there any updates or something I can get for it? I only got it recently I thought it would be up to date when I downloaded it. I'm using vista at the moment and dual nvidia 8800s with the latest drivers.

I'm not sure about this as I don't minimize the game often. However, you will get better results when Alt+Tab'ing out of the game if you press ESC first to go into the menu, and then Alt+Tab (although you probably already did this).
    Also how do you get the mp3 channel to work? I have a bunch of mp3s in the 'User tracks' folder but I can't get them to play. Do they have to be ogg vorbis files or summit? God vice city never had these problems :rolleyes:
    Go into Options, Audio Setup, User Track Options, and press Scan User Tracks. This did the trick on mine (Ver1) when I couldn't get the channel (User Track Player) to appear as I scrolled around the stations, despite having mp3's in the folder. Also, it's worth adding that the instructions for the game say to put shortcuts to your mp3's in the User Tracks folder, but in my expierence it will only work if you actually copy and paste the actual mp3 files

I hope this helps!

Advertisement