Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Look in Blanchardstown??

• 15-08-2009 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hiyas.
    Just wondering if anyone has any info on whether New Look is definitly opening in the Westend retail park in Blanchardstown??
    And if it is if you have any info on it?
    Like if there looking for staff?, where to apply to?
    anything would be great!
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

They are opening in the old Borders store. I was in Borders last weekend and asked the girl at the till why they were closing. She said that New Look have been pressurising Borders to give over all of their 5 Irish sites to them and were offering a lot of money. In the end they offered so much money that Borders couldn't say no to it. When they are going to open I don't know but I imagine it will be soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

kizzyr wrote: »
    They are opening in the old Borders store. I was in Borders last weekend and asked the girl at the till why they were closing. She said that New Look have been pressurising Borders to give over all of their 5 Irish sites to them and were offering a lot of money. In the end they offered so much money that Borders couldn't say no to it. When they are going to open I don't know but I imagine it will be soon enough.

Not quite. Borders' decision to close certain shops in the UK & Ireland was taken by its American parent because its international arm is loss making. It had nothing to do with New Look. The store leases of the shops being closed were also up for sale so Borders obviously decided it would be the most appropriate time to 'up and leave' in these locations. New Look were keen to get their hands on the retail space but Borders certainly weren't 'pressured' into leaving Ireland by New Look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

hey guys.. update.. turns out there opening pretty soon.. cause i got a interview.. yayyyyyyy

now... any ideas on what i should wear??
    jeans, with high heels, smart top? casual yet professional look
    or
    black trousers with blouse, like im going for a bank job??

any ideas??

compsys wrote: »
    Not quite. Borders' decision to close certain shops in the UK & Ireland was taken by its American parent because its international arm is loss making. It had nothing to do with New Look. The store leases of the shops being closed were also up for sale so Borders obviously decided it would be the most appropriate time to 'up and leave' in these locations. New Look were keen to get their hands on the retail space but Borders certainly weren't 'pressured' into leaving Ireland by New Look.

Ok, I was told what I outlined in my post by a girl who was working in Borders. Either way makes no difference. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

its opening november 12th had my interview today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

wow thats soon! had my interview that day too, dont no whether to take it not if offered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jen4steo

hey anyone who went 4 interviews 4 new look in blanch....... anybody hear anything yet????? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 *ci*

yeah heard on friday....part time wooo!

jen4steo wrote: »
    hey anyone who went 4 interviews 4 new look in blanch....... anybody hear anything yet????? :p

4 interviews?????????

Advertisement