Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will the Irish State collapse?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

asdasd wrote: »
    Revolt! Resist!! Revolt!! Its like that horrible time I dated an anarchist. Who wasnt even kinky. Wench.

I dont know but I dont think that most FF politicans are Factory owners. We dont really have a ruling class of capitalists, since we import capital ( and anyway share owning is diffuse these days). The statistics are out there but I would guess they are teachers, barristers, professional politicans, farmers with a few other upper professionals thrown in. Very few private sector workers, or capitalists in fact. All parties are the same.

I'd like to see a party with normal people - office workers etc.
    Not alot of people can put the trust of running a country into the hands of office workers seeing as barristers, teachers etc worked hard to get their job and people think they'll work hard for their constituency.

Oh yeah all this talk of revolt and revolution and whatever.... Never gonna happen ever, no EU country would be allowed into that type of chaos and if you really wanted to revolt you would be doing something active instead of passively egging on others on a forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭teddy_303

So do the analysis. Don't dispute based on nothing. How many FF Td's have staff? Pay employers PRSI.
    I don't just mean factories, any fuc*ing business? 80 to 90% I bet.
    Do me a favour, get the results before you dispute it. As for I'm so moderate, I don't believe anything, get the facts first. I stand by what I said until someone shows different. These people are the scourge of our country.
    Prove my wrong FF. :mad:

PS. Screw your ex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I stand by what I said until someone shows different.

The general thing is to prove your own point with citations. otherwise it would be a messy world indeed. I could otherwise say teddy_303 dresses up as a fluffy rabbit to **** and then you would have to set out to disprove. And how would you do that?

I am sure that politicans get staff - employed by the State. That doesnt mean they aren't - in their other profession - teachers., for instance ( a figure of 20% being teachers comes to mind).
    PS. Screw your ex.

Not kinky enough.

Here we go. 20 business men in the Dail in 2002, up from 7 in 1997. 28 teachers.

Once again, I reiterate, not government staff, staff employed in their private enterprises. Unless u are absolutely fu*king stupid, you should grasp that. Not meaning cobblers, stamp lickers, ego masseurs, or like yourself, sausage jockeys , go get your FF membership ID sorted, and leave the adult debate to the grown ups..:D I know which corrupt bollocks has your vote, if only it wasn't so cheap. Dang! :mad:

And once again, I point to the statistics in my last post. My aim here is point out stupidiy and lack of fact checking on the interweb. Most politicans are not businessmen.

i bet you feel really really stupid now. You should. The entire internet is laughing at you.

I dont vote for FF. But good look with that revolt from your bedroom. I am sure it will be a great success.

Maybe FF would like to engage in showing the good PPL of Ireland how much the have to hide? Let all hold our breath waiting for that to happen, will we? Knob! :mad:

Thats up to them. i am merely here to keep the internet honest. Nobody wants anarchy on the iternet caused by gobsites who cant fact check.

And once again, I point to the statistics in my last post. My aim here is point out stupidiy and lack of fact checking on the interweb. Most politicans are not businessmen.

i bet you feel really really stupid now. You should. The entire internet is laughing at you.

I dont vote for FF. But good look with that revolt from your bedroom. I am sure it will be a great success.

Marcus? did u and every one who agrees with you all the time have a get together in your tiny mind and disagree with me. Sh1t...:eek:

BullSh1t....:P The internet is laughing at me. You bell end..

**** this. Im going to bed.

• Advertisement

So ask FF about the statistics regarding what they don't want anyone to know dipstick. I've done my own research ass wipe. do your own. hope your TD employer won't mind you doing that knob jockey...:pac:.

Enjoy your job, won't you. hate to be on the outside House Ni**er...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Oh wow..Enjoy your ban teddy :)

EDIT: Yay 600th post was spent back-seat modding :D

Why would I be banned?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

teddy_303 wrote: »
    So ask FF about the statistics regarding what they don't want anyone to know dipstick. I've done my own research ass wipe. do your own. hope your TD employer won't mind you doing that knob jockey...:pac:.

Enjoy your job, won't you. hate to be on the outside House Ni**er...:mad:

Banned for abuse/racial slurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Banned for abuse/racial slurs.

Checks Helpdesk.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

*Checks helpdesk because helpdesk was mentioned*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭peepeep

darkman2 wrote: »
    Very interesting discussion on Newstalk today with Kevin Myers. He said our State faces complete societal and political collapse. Hard to argue with tbh. Have you an exit strategy for the upcoming collapse? Ireland could end up literally third world with starvation and poverty for the majority. Are we facing this collapse into anarchy do you think? Are you worried about the immediate future that Ireland could be a failed state? Bare in mind we are talking Zimbabwe or Somalia here - a collapse into lawlessness and anarchy. Spending 60 billion - taking in 30 - seems inevitable tbh and I don't know whether Irish people realise the potential armegeddon that is going to occur yet...

If you listen to Kevin Myers, then the whole world is ****ed. Try reading some academia or at least some properly researched journalism before getting all panicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Seriously... are you taking the piss??? I cannot believe people believe the tripe that these fools sh!te on about on these radio stations... It's scaremongering... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

The Irish State collapses a little anytime when IRA ****bags Sinn Fein receive a vote.

so i take it your not a church goer,

was there much of a crowd at service this morning, i call it mass, thats the difference between us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

27 years ago, the government bailed out the AIB after the collapse of ICI.... to this day, 2% of every insurance policy goes towards paying the 190 million bailout bill from way back then.....

NAMA is the biggest decision this countrie's government has ever made. All negotiations are being conducted behind closed doors, and it is us that will be left to foot the bill for generations.... and the cost of the NAMA bailout?....... 90 billion

The Irish state has already collapsed on paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lmnk

ireland is gone to the dogs, prices on what we need is gone sky high!! education and health services is a joke now too, they cutn down on the wrong things. and that certaily wont help, its all to get worse yet id say!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

The next budget will be the straw that breaks the Cowen's back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭IrishSerf

there,there, it'll be alright you pessimists
    *strokes back and turns a blind eye weeping*

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

The only danger is if they send us to that terrible Planet of the Apes. Wait a minute... Statue of Liberty... that was our planet!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Exit strategy? I already exited

..to Los Angeles :eek: if that place goes up in flames I'm fooked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kene

A Note ,,,the world is in a recession ,,so we are no different ,,what is the problem iswho is running the country and how forward thinking they are ,,,the fat cats are not effected like use working class ,we will feel the pinch but those who are running the country still are getting all the perks etc what we need is a government who know what its like to be stretched ,,that will make them think beyond there re-election date .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

germany and france are no longer in recession, the rest of the world hopes to join them soon, Ireland however will be in recession for at least 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

zod wrote: »
    germany and france are no longer in recession, the rest of the world hopes to join them soon, Ireland however will be in recession for at least 2 years.

Japan has now joined Germany and France today in coming out of recession.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0817/japan.html

Here you have three very export oriented countries now exiting recession, this is good news for the global picture but means nothing for Ireland really. Ireland, the UK, Spain and the USA will be amongst the last to exit recession as all these countries expereinced massive property booms with the UK and Spanish booms driven primarily by Irish moronic speculators and alot of loans on the Irish sheets are for properties in the costas and in cities like Manchester.

The truth of the matter is Ireland could be emerging from recession now also had we had good leadership when it was needed back in 2000 and 2001 before economy changed from a manufacturing export led economy to the Property Pyramid scheme. The 2002 General election was the straw that broke the camels back and as the clouds of uncertainty were gathering in 2007 even though this crisis in Ireland began to form in August 2006, the population choose the devil they knew to lead them into government.

Fine Gael are badly needed now, they are not going to be a miraclous cure that turn things back to 2005, however they will help rescue the country and in ten years time when watching Reeling the years we would be thankful that they took the decisions now than helped to stop Fianna Fail from killing Ireland forever.

I recommend all people with trades and skills to leave now and hold their powder for a couple of years abroad as we are facing into a lost decade and I can see no change in the current miserly situation between here and 2018 at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Fine Gael are badly needed now ... however they will help rescue the country

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

You guys ...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think the pessimism on Ireland is exagerated, if understandable, the pessimism on the UK is a bit over the top. The UK has already massivley increased it's competitiveness by taking a 30% drop in wages across the board relative to the Euro zone. That seems like it will last until the productivity in the UK increases to justifiy its previous position, so it is locked in. So the UK is cheap. It wil come out of a recession for that reason, relatively early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

In the 80s people talked about anarchy breaking out and to a certain extent it did. People of a certain age have no memory of news and media reports that were around in the day. Unless you remember the streets of Dublin covered in rubbish due to the strike you have no concept of how bad things can get without anything major actually happening.

I remember there being a fear of anarchy and the rest but it never happened and we are no where near what it was like and we aren't on our own either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Japan has now joined Germany and France today in coming out of recession.

Don't forget Hong Kong, we're that fùcked however we'll be in it for another few years

zod wrote: »

Hi, you may not have seen my previous post at the top of this page... here are the figures again.

We are still paying off 190 million from the AIB bailout 27 years ago

thats 190,000,000

Nama's bailout bill could be somewhere in the region of 90 billion

thats 90,000,000,000

to make that figure more comprehendable, try taking away the 000,000 at the end of each amount....

so its like comparing 190 to 90,000

I dont mean to be a pesimist, but 2 years seems slightly optimistic to me

The paying off you said was an additional 2% on certain insurance policies. I dont know what the overall effect that had on GDP per year over the last few years, but probably close to 0%.

Obviously NAMA could be a disaster. However it depends on how they play it. Thy are getting assets for loans which may be undervalued for all we know. The assets.

The paying off you said was an additional 2% on certain insurance policies. I dont know what the overall effect that had on GDP per year over the last few years, but probably close to 0%.

Obviously NAMA could be a disaster. However it depends on how they play it. Thy are getting assets for loans which may be undervalued for all we know. The assets.

Yes, but how on earth are we to try and pay back 90 billion with only 1.5 million taxpayers (at most) in Ireland, who already cannot fund the social welfare, childcare etc etc that the government are already borrowing hughly to try and finance (400 million per week)

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/jul2009/iris-j31.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

We're not living in Zimbabwe

orourkeda wrote: »

Yes, I think we have established that... you are saying what exactly?

Yes, but how on earth are we to try and pay back 90 billion with only 1.5 million taxpayers (at most) in Ireland

We borrow against the assets and sell the assets to improve the repayments. If the assets sell at 90 B no taxes. Of course the NAMA ensures no new property price increases for a generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

tis getin alot closr dan u tink,

biffo is getting fatter and we are getting screwed on the back of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

tis getin alot closr dan u tink,

biffo is getting fatter and we are getting screwed on the back of it

And meanwhile, off in the sunset in Drumcondra, is the chief-of-staff of the current mess on God knows how many pensions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Yes, I think we have established that... you are saying what exactly?

That we're not living in Zimbabwe

That we're not living in Zimbabwe

The things one learns in After Hours ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

el_weirdo wrote: »
    And to put the cherry on the cake, your clock is 10 mins slow...:(

:D Nicely spotted.
    Came in after a few drinks determined to set the world to rights; however, quickly succumbed to world weariness.
    Have sorted out that clock, though.
    Things are starting to look up already.:)

We borrow against the assets and sell the assets to improve the repayments. If the assets sell at 90 B no taxes. Of course the NAMA ensures no new property price increases for a generation.

who do we sell the assets to? Who will buy stagnent, overvalued property?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Kevin Myers is a tit. He makes a living out of stirring sh1t. He's basically an IRL troll, so no, I severely doubt the Irish state will collapse.

Acacia wrote: »
    Kevin Myers is a tit. He makes a living out of stirring sh1t. He's basically an IRL troll, so no, I severely doubt the Irish state will collapse.

Yes, Myers creates a stir with controvesy, I wouldnt pay that much attention to him. If the state collapses, it will not be because Kevin Myers says it will, it will be because of the enormous unpayable debt racked up by everyone in the last 12 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 CRonaldo

darkman2 wrote: »
    Why? How did I offend this boardsie - seems I have offended most at this stage - come on - why? I could be Kevin Myers you know;)

But im not - nice to see im controversial though which is what I aim to be...

And yes, you all don't realise yet how bad things are - you will soon...the country will go bankrupt.

I would like to point people to the fact we have a larger deficit then California and no one will lend to them anymore - the state is about to declare bankruptcy so I don't know what will happen to us!

Kevin Myers is a retart.

CRonaldo wrote: »
    Kevin Myers is a retart.

Or even a retard. ;)

Advertisement