Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

told job no longer exists after 4 weeks...

Options
  • 15-08-2009 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys

started this job and today went to my supervisor, who also was hired same time as me.

asked him if i should work on anything in particular for the day, eventually i was called to an office with the hr and told that pretty much my job no longer exists

wtf

so they said i can do production work, at crap rates if i want.

now, this supervisor just started same time as me, and being someone who can sense peoples character [me], i know this guy is a bit of a tool by all accounts and he thinks he knows it all

at a meeting last week he said he was not sure if our team was productive, so ugh after 4 weeks this guy is a master of the company and knows it all huh..!

the hr said they hired several people and 6 others or so that have the same role as me and the work is not really there for me so to speak as they over hired, we all work different rotas and so forth.

she told me last in first out..usual blah blah

is this right, seems like utter c0ck tbh, i will have a word with the actual guy who interviewed me next week, as this supervisor hasnt a clue in fairness and will be on the dole anyway himself in 6 months when his contract winds down.

[we are all on contracts]

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Welcome to Ireland, you have no employment rights for the first 12 months of your employment, so there's no "right" or otherwise about this.

Take the production work and be glad to have a job. Then look for a better one.

Good luck.

Advertisement