Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tattooist in Waterford

• 15-08-2009 6:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What are peeps opinions on who is the best tattooist to go to in Waterford or nearby?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I think JMD is supposed to be one of the top guys in Ireland, nevermind Waterford, especially for portraits and whatnot.

There's a Tattoo's & Piercing forum under the 'Arts' category here if you want to ask'em - As far as I know, one of the chaps over there travelled down to JMD's on a few occasions for a tattoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I got my latest tattoo in Yakuza by dan, I got my previous one in JMD's by joey! I have to say im much happier with Dan in Yakuza! Ill be going back to him for my next one!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

the chap down on o connell street think he lives out in kilmacthomas right? I heard before that he is the best in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

One of our mates got a tattoo (free hand) down in JMDs and it was amazing. In fact some of the best tattoos I've seen were all done down there.

But I think it also depends on what you're looking for design wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

sammy in swinline has to be the best! Have seen a lot of his work and a pal of mine goes to him every few months to get a new tattoo and the detail is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I got mine done in Joe Mylers (JMD,s) very happy with it, it was done by the other chap who works there Ian Flynn both very good tattooists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

It's like anything, you'll hear varying reports about all of the places in Waterford, personally I've been tattoo by one of the guys from Yakuza (never again) Sammy in Swineline and Neal in Swineline, I went to try get an appointment in JMD's and I got greeted by Joe's wife, I'd never go back to the place after her attitude.

Joe's work is meant to be top quality, but how available he is I don't know, I would highly reccommend Neal in Swinline, he designed up my half sleeve from scratch, it took 9 hours to complete and I'd go back there in the morning to him.

If you have a specific idea in mind go to each shop ask them to price it, have a look at their work, and talk to someone in each shop.

Oh yah remember these shops get people into them all day everyday talking sh*te about what they want to get and never come back so they can be slightly standoffish.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Junior wrote: »
    It's like anything, you'll hear varying reports about all of the places in Waterford, personally I've been tattoo by one of the guys from Yakuza (never again) Sammy in Swineline and Neal in Swineline, I went to try get an appointment in JMD's and I got greeted by Joe's wife, I'd never go back to the place after her attitude.

Joe's work is meant to be top quality, but how available he is I don't know, I would highly reccommend Neal in Swinline, he designed up my half sleeve from scratch, it took 9 hours to complete and I'd go back there in the morning to him.

If you have a specific idea in mind go to each shop ask them to price it, have a look at their work, and talk to someone in each shop.

Oh yah remember these shops get people into them all day everyday talking sh*te about what they want to get and never come back so they can be slightly standoffish.

Cheers

I have to agree about the girl in there. She was extremely ignorant to me one day and completely put me off going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Very mixed bunch of opinions its going to be very hard for op :P

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

whether you like the girsl attitude or not, go with JMD, he is the best artist in the city, he has won some international awards as well for his work....
    he ain't the cheapest or his front counter staff mightn't be the nicest, but if you want the best, then he's your man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flowertot

+1
    for neal in swineline. got mine done last month by him and would highly recommend him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Thanks for all the replies folks. I'd be getting a half sleeve done but am not sure on design yet as it would be incorporated with a tattoo which JMD actually did for me many a moon ago!

I was just wondering what other peeps opinions were on the current choices of available tattooists in Waterford or nearby and the answers have been interesting (as expected).

Where is this Swineline place you guys have been talking about anyway? Is that the place in the shopping complex just up from the Turkish barbers or is it the one opposite Wacky shoes?

Many thanks once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flowertot

swineline is in parnell court (the shopping centre up from the turkish barbers) and yakuza is the one opposite wackys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

have pieces done by both jmds and swineline

go with JMD's.. more expensive but totally worth it, if you want to pm me i can show you pics or whatever, the difference in quailty its a easy to see..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 houseking

Junior wrote: »

Cheers

I agree that sh.te conversation in yakuza always talking about wars,drugs,djs,how great they are..them attitude is soo wrong everybody know that and nobody going back
    He never change his designs last 4 years.there is no any award winings or anything. he was working in swineline before.I think that shops are stink especially yakuza.and when i getting my one he was soo busy with his iphone.when he is doing tattoo also speaking with the phone ages and touching everywhere wit his dirty gloves.giving change for coffee from his pocket middle of the tattoo.that is soo wrong!
    I think JMD is much better.yeah its little bit expensive but all your life you will be happy.price is not important than health.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Personally i wouldn't go any further than Neil and Sammy in Swineline!

I'g got all my tatt's (bar one) done by them guys, and i'm definately going back to get more!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Sammy in Swine has done all mine. He free handed one of my foot that is fairly big and its deadly. Personally I find them the friendliest even though as one poster mentioned they can be a bit stand offish with people enquiring as most dont go back.
    Definitly recommend swine line though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 risingsuns

Buddy of mine recently (past couple of months) got a portrait tattoo done in JMDs, have to say it looks amazing, unbelievable attention to detail in it.

Advertisement