Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm?!?1 OMAGAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd say they will announce new expansion, although, wotlk hasnt been out 12 months, then again they may now have a clear path how they wish to proceed, and can be more efficent and productive cutting down time between content.

EDIT:

Just read the "potential" expansion.

Seems very itneresting, its not going to be a horrid grind, a nice filler, probably wont cost oas much retail as previous ones if these things are to be true, new races/class combos, new races, redesign of old content( love it) azeroth completely revamped.

It sounds good to me, I want to get all my classes to 80 and geared, and it will take along time, so the less heavy levelling on new expansions, the better for me I think.

Although clearly there is going to be "qq" "**** blizz lazy" "another nail in coffin" remarks, but nothing can be told until it actually comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

It's about time they started to open up all those zones in Azeroth tbh, and fighting Deathwing in Grim Batol would be awesome too... might even consider coming back to the game for that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

I cant wait to see deathwing and queen Azshara, should be some very interesting stuff, and i like the idea of huge changes happening in the old world such as the potential of 1000 needles being flooded. It just makes it much more epic. ALSO! Flying mounts in azeroth!!

I asume a lot of this is going to be true because they usually dont get much wrong on mmo-champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I'm usually one to look down at Blizzard for rehashing old content, but Azeroth does need a revival and if most of the stuff detailed in this thread comes to pass then it will spark a new found love for WoW for me and tons others. And ****ing Deathwing! I did lol @ Troll druid though ><

By the way the expansion name "Cataclysm" is 99% confirmed as Blizz have copyrighted the website name, well so I head a few weeks ago

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

well mmo champs sources have been proved impecable - pretty sweet imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Heres the announcement trailer

Ok so....wow I am excited. Ive not been playing WoW for a few months now but this has me psyched. I always wished they re-jigged the classic zones using the stuff they learned from the 2 expansions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

im sooooo rolling oone of them worgs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Anyone have a good guess, based on past trends, on when this may be released? I am guessing next july at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Goblins are so much better then the worgs. would say we will see loads of Goblins when this comes out. Also warlocks just got some major buffs.

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Also warlocks just got some major buffs.

Been a long time comin imo.
    pottering about on the official forums most people say easrly 2010 maybe even christmas but I can't see that being true and haven't seen mention of it but I haven't really been keeping up with it all.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    Been a long time comin imo.
    pottering about on the official forums most people say easrly 2010 maybe even christmas but I can't see that being true and haven't seen mention of it but I haven't really been keeping up with it all.

It couldn't possibly be christmas, that is wayyyy too early. They have another patch to bring out also. One expansion a year is too much. If they bring out content too fast the core player will not be too happy, fcuk the hardcore player tbh.

I agree 100% - will be interesting to see how this hand is played tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, i had planned on rolling a Druid at some stage, so i guess i'll wait for this expansion and roll a Worgen Druid. Maybe (here's hoping) they'll give us Wolf form instead of Cat form. That'd be sweet. Also, classes available for the new races....

Worgen classes available: warrior, hunter, rogue, priest, death knight, mage, warlock, druid.

Goblins classes available: warrior, hunter, rogue, priest, death knight, shaman, mage, warlock.

Also, Goblin Mount :)
    img_5614.jpg

classes.jpg
    horde overall have one extra class/race combo than ally - I CALL SHENANIGANS OMG

Well they have the Worgen and Goblin starting areas available to play at Blizzcon aparantly, so they must be quite a bit along. And it was last November since WoTLK so if Cata was out around this time next year then it would be almost 2 years between expansions.

Plus that vid is quite old (I think), my friend in Blizzard said they were shown a "special DVD presentation" a few months back of which they couldnt talk but was amazing....must be this. It was probably a leak of this presentation where that MMO site got all the info from a few days back.

I'd say I'll just have to roll a worgen now :)

Get warlock to 85 then roll a worgen :) Might get a few outland boyos with me, should be fun. :)

Worgen priest it is ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Will the lich king be dead before this expansion is released?

Will the lich king be dead before this expansion is released?

I assume yes, although I'm a big "no no" for killing main characters like that, still gutted over Illidan

I hate when they kill off characters from the original series, especially Illidan and will hate it when they kill Arthas. I didnt mind them dying in the strategy game, but it just doesnt seem like a fitting end for some of them. But i guess it kind of has to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

HEROIC DM FTW.

• Advertisement

Well they can't last forever, can they? Gotta kill them off at some stage.

Kiith? I am up for leveling a druid worgen :)

Kiith? I am up for leveling a druid worgen :)
    Sorry, i'll be too busy grinding for my Rogue's epic mount to play with you :P

The one thing i'm worried about Worgen Druid is that i'll spend 100% of combat in cat/bear form, so i'll never get to see the Worgen form, bar out of combat. So unless they add different forms for them, i may go with a mage or something else.

Kiith wrote: »
    I hate when they kill off characters from the original series, especially Illidan and will hate it when they kill Arthas. I didnt mind them dying in the strategy game, but it just doesnt seem like a fitting end for some of them. But i guess it kind of has to happen.

Its not really the killing off of main characters that annoys me (how would the story continue if they didnt, more and more super powerful beings keep showing up every 4-6 months). What bugs me is when you "kill" an enemy at the end of an instance, go out and back in and you can kill him again. Its worse to see Illidan or Arthas become glorified loot containers than to just bump them off at the end of a quest line.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Its not really the killing off of main characters that annoys me (how would the story continue if they didnt, more and more super powerful beings keep showing up every 4-6 months). What bugs me is when you "kill" an enemy at the end of an instance, go out and back in and you can kill him again. Its worse to see Illidan or Arthas become glorified loot containers than to just bump them off at the end of a quest line.
    Thats what i mean though. If they die in the strategy game, then it feels like part of the story. As you said, in World of Warcraft it just feels like something you have to do to get loot, which makes i feel unimportant.

Undead Hunter... Good bye life

Cross server LFG?

This gets better and better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

And there I was, all excited bout Aion and Champions Online..... Damn you Blizzard, damn you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Rated battlegrounds finally for those of us who detest arena's ! yay :)

I watched the whole thing live over the last two nights/mornings in HD (yes I actually paid for it) and generally enjoyed it.

Rated BG's, cross server LFG's, Worgen/Goblins, Massive old world changes, Archaelogy, flying in Azeroth....can't fuppin wait for this.
    Troll and Worgen Druids be getting unique feral forms? Chris Robinson hops on with a very clear "yes."
    Well, that solves my Druid issue :)

1:27PM Icecrown Citadel sneak peek!

1:27PM 10 and 25 player raid. "31 epic bosse-wait what? Did Ghostcrawler get ahold of this slide?"

1:27PM There's actually 12 bosses.

1:28PM It will use the waypoint system from Ulduar. Sindragosa and the Lich King are the two bosses they just named.

1:28PM There are 4 floors to the dungeon, and it's still a spire. It's inside of the huge metal casing we see.

1:29PM On the 2nd floor, you board your faction's airship. Alliance boards with Varian, Horde boards with Saurfang. You race the other faction up to the next floor.

1:29PM The two ships fire at eachother, and the two ships board eachother with rocket packs. You need to attack/defend.

1:29PM 3rd floor has multiple wings

1:30PM 4th floor is just Arthas. It's a big, round throne room. "Parts of the room will break off. And if you fall of... well, it's bad."
    Sounds pretty cool, though we the Horde/Alliance would be fighting against each other inside Icecrown is a bit odd. Not that i'll ever get to see it though.

• Advertisement

I just can't see them allowing players to kill arthas - way too big he'll be banished or some ****e killed? I just can't see.

I definately be up for rolling worgen if a few peeps were up for it.

Advertisement