Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm?!?1 OMAGAD

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

The announcement for the WOLK was so underwhelming, that it put me off purchasing it. It simply offered no where near enough to consider getting it, and that was after following the dev updates for months from the likes of WoWhead and Worldofraids. If Blizz had released an expansion combining the amount of changes in both Wolk and Cataclysm then yeah for sure I would have got it. Seems semi interesting but they simply would have to offer way more than what they are doing to make it worthwhile. Maybe my I'm too demanding :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

mayordenis wrote: »
    I just can't see them allowing players to kill arthas - way too big he'll be banished or some ****e killed? I just can't see.

I definately be up for rolling worgen if a few peeps were up for it.

AS I contiunely say to death...they let us kill Illidan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

TheDoc wrote: »
    AS I contiunely say to death...they let us kill Illidan :(

Black Temple was merely a setback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Black Temple was merely a setback.

Oh god. If they pull a Kael'Thas on Illidan I'm rage quitting >< haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

DarthWraak wrote: »
    Oh god. If they pull a Kael'Thas on Illidan I'm rage quitting >< haha

It's exactly what they're doing though. Reading the stuff on MMO Champion, they're pulling a Kael'Thas on everything.

Molten Core was merely a setback.
    Blackwing Lair was merely a setback.
    Onyxia's Lair was merely a setback.
    The Deadmines was merely a setback.
    Shadowfang Keep was merely a setback.

Next expansion after Cataclysm, Black Temple, Kharazan, Serpentshire, Hyjal were all merely setbacks.

3 Years down the line, Arthas pops up for the fourth time and shouts malfunctioning holographic simulated Icecrown in restored gnomeregan was merely a setback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Bastards went and ****ed up Auberdine!

No way am I going back now...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

People actually go to Auberdine? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Kiith wrote: »
    People actually go to Auberdine? :confused:

Draenai and Night Elves have to go somewhere to get a boat to good levelling areas (I hate Ashenvale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

2 words:

GNOME PRIESTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Flying mounts in azeroth and 2 new races, people who roll one of the new races are gonna have a very hard time leveling with level 80's flying around :)

Stranglthornazeroth

Three cheers for rated BG's though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

One thing I was surprised at though, there was no mention of guild houses or even just player housing. That is just really really a long time coming and would've thought they'd have given it at least some thought for this new expansion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That was dumped immediatly in alpha testing, when guild houses started clottering up so much space it was outragous.

I dont know technically how they would do it, perhaps like an instance, but you can see the troubles they are having managing the current instance capacities on some servers, so id assume its not a high priority, and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

Are you displaying the same symptoms as this guy? :D

One of the panels mentioned that you will need to be level 85 with rep to unlock flying in the old world so new rollers will get a window before the Stranglthornazeroth hunt kicks in.

With only 3.3 left before the xpac hoping it hits long before Blizzcon 10 rolls around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

Where??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Dustaz wrote: »
    2 words:

GNOME PRIESTS

i'll come back to outland for an all gnome guild

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why was Gnome Priest the one thing that so many people seemed to complain about? Surely a Tauren Paladin would be stranger? As for flying in Azeroth, how much do you think its gonna cost? While it would be great if it was free (especially with 3 alts), i hope its more like the Cold Weather Flying rather in the 300 skill itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

anyone else thinking that this should be a patch rather than a expansion?

its not like they're brining in the amount of content that TBC or WotLK had, am a bit disappointed with it, i know its early days and it could be the best thing since sliced bread..
    (here's the QQ)
    but i've been playing wow since it was released here (4?) years ago, they should have revamped azeroth and the old level 60 stuff back when TBC was in full swing, blah blah blah.. i hate shadowfang keep, i really dont want to do it heroic lol.
    Like someone already said, qq another nail in the coffin, i honestly think it is for me anyway, although northrend itself has been quite boring compared to the content in tbc and the epic 40man raids in vanilla prior to that.
    Again, i dont think that level of experiance can be replicated or reproduced with any amount of rehashing.
    maybe i've just been playing wow too long, and am stuck in the vanilla/tbc frame of mind.
    In fairness if i'm bored enough i'll come back to playing wow over anything else, as i've tried most of the supposed "wowkillers" and they just pale in comparison to wow, even with its flaws.

I am a bit disappointed all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dubhdara3

I'm actually looking forward to it, and here's why

I wasn't one of the original players, I didn't start playing until after TBC came out, and even then it was only on again, off again, never levelling about 40.

Then just before WOTLK came out, I got into the game properly, and about 3 months ago I leveled my first 80. I did take my time levelling, but I know that most people didn't really want to do the Original stuff or the TBC stuff as they were only really interested in the quickest way to get to lvl 80, and when people were doing the Original stuff or TBC stuff much of the time they would look down at you and choose a higher lvl player instead. So in essence by the time I got to Northrend, I had done Very Little Instances or Raids

Since Dinging lvl 80, I know I could go back and plow through many of the dungeons quite easily myself, however I know my spend easily 95% of my time in Northrend doing Hc's, Dailies, raids etc. I think I only really go to Azeroth for the Auction House, Culling of Stratholme, or to do the daily for my Venomspite Raptor, and I can't remember the last time I was in Outland... it doesn't pay much to go there.

So in essence, I am looking forward to the chance to go back to Azeroth, and perhaps see some more of it, rather than spending all my time in Northrend.

By the same accord, I do also understand that it's difficult for Blizzard to balance making new content for the higher lvl players (increasing level etc) and at the same time they need to make it easier for newer players to level, since when the game first came out, a level 60 player was doing the end-game stuff, but now a level 60 player is only going to Outland, and still has another 20 levels to do... which can be disheartening, if it was always as difficult as when it was new... it would end up taking much longer, and could lose them players.

Still think Worgen should have been Horde tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

I just wonder where they're gonna place the level 80+ areas. My guess is they'll be underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

I WANT EMERALD DREAM!

i dont want this bad expansion! :(

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Why was Gnome Priest the one thing that so many people seemed to complain about? Surely a Tauren Paladin would be stranger? As for flying in Azeroth, how much do you think its gonna cost? While it would be great if it was free (especially with 3 alts), i hope its more like the Cold Weather Flying rather in the 300 skill itself.

I suppose I will have to give you gold for that too? :rolleyes:

Can you be a tauren rogue? I think that is the strangest, more fooooking stuns too with war stomp :(
    Magaa wrote: »
    I WANT EMERALD DREAM!

i dont want this bad expansion! :(

Nobody is forcing you to play :)

I suppose I will have to give you gold for that too? :rolleyes:

Can you be a tauren rogue? I think that is the strangest, more fooooking stuns too with war stomp :(

Nobody is forcing you to play :)

nah im only joking im lookin forward to it but i would love for emerald dream to pop up some where

nah im only joking im lookin forward to it but i would love for emerald dream to pop up some where

I'm not sure what emerald dream is... O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

heres an idea i discussed with my mates......

if from levels 95-100 players at them levels were immediatly fully pvp!!
    and all fighting and questlines where brought back to the fight between the horde and the alliance!! and endgame raids were the be all and end all of all raids as in the horde leaders fighting with a 40man raid group to attack the alliance leaders and their 40man raid group and the victors win the spoils and control of certain options 4hour period where they can subject the loosing 40 to penalties like cant mount for this period or cant do quests or cant kill anyone for 4 hours.... this instance can only be done once a day!!

i know its wild but something along them lines which could be expanded and better detailed as im only outlining somethign i woudl find higly entertaining altho this would be another 2years before this could happen.

I'm not sure what emerald dream is... O.o

its a zone that players cant go to

the zone its self is bigger than all of azz

i cant explain much lore wise.. something to do with druids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

its a zone that players cant go to

the zone its self is bigger than all of azz

i cant explain much lore wise.. something to do with druids
    but you can't wait for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lolwut

I just wonder where they're gonna place the level 80+ areas. My guess is they'll be underground.

New areas are going to be underground yes
    Deathwing "punches" a hole through azeroth (north of stormwind , south of wetlands) You can only enter it at 85 , I'm pretty sure there are going to be other 85 zones that you can only get in by flying
    anyone else thinking that this should be a patch rather than a expansion?

Blizzard Dev's explained how something like this couldn't be patched in because of the sheer size the patch would be and of the server side limitations with something like that
    One thing I was surprised at though, there was no mention of guild houses or even just player housing. That is just really really a long time coming and would've thought they'd have given it at least some thought for this new expansion.

Devs have said they have looked into guild halls , But they decided against it right now because they view a guild tab to be more efficient than an instanced guild hall
    There was a rumour going around before cataclysm was announced that the new profession was going to be lumber jacking and it would be used for things such as guild housing , But sadly that turned out to be a load of bull
    on when this may be released? I am guessing next july at the earliest.

Word going round is march-April release

Some people are saying how that this xpac was announced to soon
    While that is true , And it does have something to do with Aion and Champions Online coming out soon
    What you have to remember is that TBC was announced when AQ-40 wasn't even finished and Wotlk was announced when ZA came out
    So its really in line with things more than you think

DRakE wrote: »
    but you can't wait for it

im not going to spend all my time reading lore about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The Emerald Dream is a parallel version of Azeroth where no sentient life took root, it is completely over-run by nature so trees/grass/flowers everywhere. its the domain of the green Dragonflight whose aspect is that of nature. Druids go into a trance and journey there to "commune" (im thinking a combination of brownies and certain herbs) with the spirits of nature and yadda yadda yadda. Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage, leader of the Night Elves, is meant to be sleeping as he explores the ED but cannot come back, so folks think there is something bad going on there.

There was a leaked video from the first year of WoW of the Emerald Dream zone (it exists in the game folders, i saw one part of it while installing the base game) and was rumoured to be a raid instance but never came to pass. Theres probably more around the web but thats the basic jist.

Rumours from Cataclysm is that Malfurion has reawoken and is "pissed" at whats happened in his absence, could be bull though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement