Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****spoilers**** Strikeforce: Carano vs Cyborg?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Aisling! wrote: »
    Rosi's natural weigh class is 125lbs Gina struggles to make 145lbs.
    Didnt find out till after the post that rosi actually walks around so light. What weight class doe she compete at these days. Love watching rosi fight. Think her ground game is so entertaining. Whats the lightest weight class in the womens divsion on the pro circuit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Didnt find out till after the post that rosi actually walks around so light. What weight class doe she compete at these days. Love watching rosi fight. Think her ground game is so entertaining. Whats the lightest weight class in the womens divsion on the pro circuit?

Well she doesn't walk around at 125lb prob closer to 135lbs but 125lb is where she likes to compete now mostly. Her ground game is very good, It's been years since I rolled with her last though.

In Japan there is a 48kg division that's the smallest as far as I know although there have been catch weight fights at a lower weights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thanks for answering my question Aish. Hopefully they add other wieght classes soon.

I dont know who came up with it first but I think Dave Meltzer hit the nail on the head in the comparsion stakes when he said yesterday that that Cyborg/Gina is the female Silva/Sakuraba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rosi_s

The tournaments strike force are running are not in my weight class, the tournaments are in the 135lb and 145lb weight class. My last fight was at 120lbs, like male MMA fights there is also alot of cutting in FeMMA when skill levels are very similiar size and strength become a major factor.

Bellator are running an 125lb tournament so I'm hoping to get my name in there.

I don't agree with this entirely. I do think Rosi's ground game is better than Gina's but I also think Gina's stand up is superior to Rosi's (and to mine before anyone else says it :) ) but again I think it just becomes a matter of size and strength being too much for technique.
    Rosi's natural weigh class is 125lbs Gina struggles to make 145lbs. I don't think Rosi dominated the fight with Gina at all partially to do with poor reffing and partially to do with the advantages Gina had which I just mentioned.
    Rosi got one Major take down and gained the mount position before the round ended. All the rest of the fight was hard to watch because of the size difference, to me it looked like an angry mother beating a child.

ooh, sounds a little like someone's looking to pick a fight with me now I'm not SBG any more... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

What association is Rosi fighting with now? Has Karl Tanswell left SBG as well?

• Advertisement

What association is Rosi fighting with now? Has Karl Tanswell left SBG as well?

No - I'm no longer training with Karl. He's a great coach, but we had some personal difficulties. At the moment, I'm independent. I've got a whole bunch of great people who are helping me out, so I'm pretty excited about the future.

- What's next for Cyborg? Perhaps a match with Urijah Faber?!!!! :D Seriously, I don't see anyone beating her for a while. Gina's gameplan did seem to get thrown in the can after a few hard punches to the face though. I enjoyed it and was really rooting for Gina after about a minute.

- Werdum should be the first fight for Fedor (given they said they want to build up the Overeem fight). Rogers a have KO'd AA but I don't think he deserves it (or has any chance) whilst Werdum would have a chance (albeit a small one) if he took Fedor down (unlikely)

- Mousasi just amazes me more every fight. Really excited to see him in the Super Hulk tournament now.

- Can't believe Melendez is beign accused of greasing, especially since there was almost no grappling in the fight.

Overall I enjoyed the fights but I still think they need more marquee fights if they're gonna maintain enough market share to survive.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Can't see anyone in the Strikeforce heavyweight touching Fedor.
    He'll knock Overeem down in less than a minute.

In my opinion Lesnar is the only HW that can stop Fedor right, based on his supreme power and wrestling ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Rosi Vs Aisling would certainly be an interesting fight to watch. Don't know if its ever likely to happen or not.

Watched Rosi's fight with Carano only last weekend. The size difference looked immense but I think if Rosi's wrestling had been a little better and she was able to force another take down then she could well have finished the fight on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

rosi_s wrote: »
    No - I'm no longer training with Karl. He's a great coach, but we had some personal difficulties. At the moment, I'm independent. I've got a whole bunch of great people who are helping me out, so I'm pretty excited about the future.

good luck hope to see you in the cage/ring soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

jayteecork wrote: »
    Can't see anyone in the Strikeforce heavyweight touching Fedor.
    He'll knock Overeem down in less than a minute.

In my opinion Lesnar is the only HW that can stop Fedor right, based on his supreme power and wrestling ability.

I agree. They can hype up the Overeem fight all they want , but he's not the fighter the majority of people want Fedor to fight.

ooh, sounds a little like someone's looking to pick a fight with me now I'm not SBG any more... :P

Hey Rosi,

I didn't think an Irish board would be your neck of the woods!
    I'm not trying to pick a fight at all, fighting above your weight class is risky like I said, when skill levels are similar size and weight are a big advantage. I'd probably do pretty much the same against Gina so no disrespect, I'm staying as close to my weight class as I can but I understand opportunities need to be taken when they come up. I didn't even know you weren't SBG until recently. Picking fights is a waste of time anyway there's never any promoters to put them on lol! :pac:

Hey Rosi,

I didn't think an Irish board would be your neck of the woods!
    I'm not trying to pick a fight at all, fighting above your weight class is risky like I said, when skill levels are similar size and weight are a big advantage. I'd probably do pretty much the same against Gina so no disrespect, I'm staying as close to my weight class as I can but I understand opportunities need to be taken when they come up. I didn't even know you weren't SBG until recently. Picking fights is a waste of time anyway there's never any promoters to put them on lol! :pac:

Hey Ais

No worries, the comments were fair enough - although I do get a little frustrated that of my eleven fights, this is the one people seem to want to talk about the most! I do think that despite the size difference, there's a lot I could have done differently - but that's water under the bridge and I'm a very different fighter now than I was at the time.

I just wondered what the deal was with you expressing an interest in the Bellator tournament. It would be a great opportunity for you, and I understand opportunities are limited in this game - and given that I'm likely to be in it, it does raise the question. It goes without saying, I have a lot of respect for you as a fighter, and I'd hope that whatever happens we can work things out with no bad feeling on either side :)

As for weight class - I'm pretty much walking around at 125 right now, and having a serious think about dropping down to 115 in future. I feel a lot sharper at the lighter weight and I'm stronger than I was when I was walking at 135.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I just copped who rosi_s is :o
    Christ im slow sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I just wondered what the deal was with you expressing an interest in the Bellator tournament. It would be a great opportunity for you, and I understand opportunities are limited in this game - and given that I'm likely to be in it, it does raise the question. It goes without saying, I have a lot of respect for you as a fighter, and I'd hope that whatever happens we can work things out with no bad feeling on either side :)

Lickin my lips at this one. Two of the best ground fighters in the game. Would love to see yas clash in the final. Hopefully the brakets work out for this as i'd have no doubt you'd both make it.
    Good luck!:D

Hey Ais

No worries, the comments were fair enough - although I do get a little frustrated that of my eleven fights, this is the one people seem to want to talk about the most! I do think that despite the size difference, there's a lot I could have done differently - but that's water under the bridge and I'm a very different fighter now than I was at the time.

As for weight class - I'm pretty much walking around at 125 right now, and having a serious think about dropping down to 115 in future. I feel a lot sharper at the lighter weight and I'm stronger than I was when I was walking at 135.

Bellator have not been in contact with me yet, so being in the tournament is just a hope at the minute but I'm crossing my fingers. Like you said opportunites are so few and far between at this stage, you must take what you're given without any hard feelings after all we're not getting any younger :)

My fondess for muffins and cheesecake will never have me walking around so low but I'm happy as I am and 115lbs would be achievable for me if necessary, I'll go where the fights are.

All the best with training,
    Ais :)

Advertisement