Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man films himself chatting up women to teach men

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I can't believe nobody got the grapefruit :)

While I'd normally have sympathy for someone like the OP making a complete and utter idiot of themselves, after seeing the way he thinks of women and treats them I've absolutely none for him.

So here's your Grapefruit it appears he didn't delete his account he seems to have just changed his name.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Harpie wrote: »
    Literally can't believe what I read in that link! It seems some Americans have a fúcked up, calculated way of getting with girls. I wonder if it will spread to this side of the waters, because I honestly can't see any Irish girl falling for that shít.
    It's here already. They have their own little chapters going here and even a couple of "gurus". I've seen them out on the town.

Does it work? Yep, but only when compared to sitting in the corner being a geeky wallflower. It's also a numbers game. They keep hitting on woman after woman until one complies, though they think it's more technique than anything. It is interesting though and there's some feedback data with so many at it. There's some of it I would agree with but they take it to silly proportions.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Theres nothin wrong with a little help. there's websites and such that relate to kino (how to touch women non-sexually) etc. But this guy is a joke and its not a good idea to buy into it too much, its kinda sad.
    What works for one man will get another man b1tch-slapped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

You Guys have literally destroyed this lad...albeit deservedly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What works for one man will get another man b1tch-slapped

Jaysus, OP, this guy has it nailed!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

MotherFCUK! Some thread.

A few nuggets from his older posts:
    I'm not hard on myself. I'm quite content to be as evil as I am. I love eating innocent cows and killing innocent spiders.
    I'm also a racist, I don't kill humans but kill spiders because they're different than me.
    I recommend reading a book called " My Secret Garden". It describes some common sexual fantasies of women that they don't admit to. It's a good book for understandiing how sexual and dirty women's minds really are.
    Calling a girl love just isn't my style. I prefer to call girls pumpkin or princess.
    Women notice this, they have peripheral vision, they can see when you are staring at her in the corner of her eye. What I do is smile and make sure not to look at the women and continue talking happily and unphased to one of the men. The women then remarkably engage me in converastion and/or touch me.
    Women love being taken, dominated, led, made to feel like a woman
    I kill spiders all the time because I don't like the look of them, much like Hitler killed the Jews.
    if I was a hot woman I'd have sex for money with guys I found attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

Anyone got screenshots of this guys posts on the other website cause he's deleted all of them ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

procure11 wrote: »
    You Guys have literally destroyed this lad...albeit deservedly!
    Which was a bit of a worry, then I saw some of his posts reproduced here. Sheesh. I hope they were old posts on the way to enlightenment. Talk about burn though. Maaaaaaan. :eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Basically what he teaches you is that you need to be a contrived and intimidating asshole in order to have any chance with women

That plan fails if you're intending to meet people for actual relationships, unless you're gonna keep up the act forever

How exactly is he being a "contrived and intimidating asshole"?

It's harmless, he's bringing a bit of craic to the group. He's being anything but intimidating, they even comment on how he's not the usual "douchebag".

As someone already said, some people have awful sensitivities to these things, which makes them the "sad" ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Has tucker max been mentioned yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

Wibbs wrote: »
    Which was a bit of a worry, then I saw some of his posts reproduced here. Sheesh. I hope they were old posts on the way to enlightenment. Talk about burn though. Maaaaaaan. :eek:

I honestly dude is still in a journey of self-discovery...and all those comments would have created a major accident in that journey.

He is one of those folks that are emotionally carried away with false marketing techniques...
    I really do hope he learns his lesson...Life is far more complicated and complex than one single eejit trying to teach people on how to abuse women..in all honestly you most likely abusing yourself...as is the case with the OP.

I missed everything, what happened??? What were in the links?

Reillyman wrote: »

It's harmless, he's bringing a bit of craic to the group. He's being anything but intimidating, they even comment on how he's not the usual "douchebag".

As someone already said, some people have awful sensitivities to these things, which makes them the "sad" ones...

OK, any videos on his "failures", not just his "successes" ?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

efla wrote: »
    I missed everything, what happened??? What were in the links?

Basically, he seems a very angry man who measures his success in life by "sarging" with women!

K-9 wrote: »
    OK, any videos on his "failures", not just his "successes" ?

Why would he post videos of his "failures"? How's that going to help anybody?:confused::confused::confused:

Dunno what that has to do with my post anyway...

Why would he post videos of his "failures"? How's that going to help anybody?:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks!

K-9 wrote: »
    Thanks!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Well you were saying that he was decent at what he did and brought some craic and stuff.

Many others, including myself, would be of the opinion that he basically just kept trying it on dozens of women until he eventually found one stupid enough to think he was gay or mentally retarded, then ignored the 99.9% failure rate and profitted from losers like the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Would these tips work on guys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

I feel like Im being stalked here. There's a lot of harshness on Mehow. Imagine the balls you need to film yourself chatting up women and showing it to thousands of people including your competitors, you're just asking for criticism. I doubt the average guy would even want to watch themselves chatting up women nevermind showing it to thousands of people. Whether you think what he teaches is rubbish or not he's a decent guy just doing his job and helping people. He's trying to find out what works with women in the real world, whether he's doing a good job or not you can decide for yourself. The man has no ego.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Many others, including myself, would be of the opinion that he basically just kept trying it on dozens of women until he eventually found one stupid enough to think he was gay or mentally retarded, then ignored the 99.9% failure rate and profitted from losers like the OP.
    +1 The numbers game is a big part of it, so I would agree there. Plus if you have a bloke who is crap at talking to women and almost never does, or when he does he over eggs the emotional guff early on or shows too much interest or is just socially retarded, then dialing all of that back will increase his success. The PUA stuff and all the jargon is just a framework to hang that basic stuff on. It's also going to appeal more to the "nerd" type male mind as it's a linear "plan" to follow and the demographics of the web are more stacked towards those types anyway(which is changing massively though).

Its very very similar to the "build muscle fast" gurus and courses and sites. Building muscle is pretty simple. Lift heavy things, mix up the exercises to constantly surprise the body and eat more and better food and keep working at it. That's 90% of it. The rest is mostly filler or high end stuff, yet type in "build muscle fast" into google and stand back for the deluge of sites promising arnie muscle in just 6 weeks. They all say the same thing, just padded out with jargon and dubious filler.
    ottostreet wrote:
    Would these tips work on guys?
    Beyond actually engaging with a guy, no. Its a different dynamic going on as a general rule.

As I said I can see why some of this stuff works. I can also see why a lot of men don't get it when it comes to women as they do get mixed messages and wonder why being their version of "nice" doesn't work. They also think what would work on them would work on women and IMHO there are differences there as a general thing.

You could easily break it down to more simple terms though and it doesn't need an expensive online course or guru to tell you the hows and whys. It doesn't need the them and us angle to it, or the sometimes dubious misogyny that comes along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

scanlas wrote: »
    I feel like Im being stalked here. There's a lot of harshness on Mehow. Imagine the balls you need to film yourself chatting up women and showing it to thousands of people including your competitors, you're just asking for criticism. I doubt the average guy would even want to watch themselves chatting up women nevermind showing it to thousands of people. Whether you think what he teaches is rubbish or not he's a decent guy just doing his job and helping people. He's trying to find out what works with women in the real world, whether he's doing a good job or not you can decide for yourself. The man has no ego.

What the **** is your obsession with killing spiders?

What the **** is your obsession with killing spiders?

I don't actually kill spiders, I was making a point about how morals are relative. We call Hitler evil for killing humans but we don't call farmers evil for killing cows.

I don't actually kill spiders, I was making a point about how morals are relative. We call Hitler evil for killing humans but we don't call farmers evil for killing cows.

Do you talk to your 'targets' about these sort of topics?

I don't rememeber what topics I talk about to be honest.

• Advertisement

While moral relativism is attractive as a subject and seemingly deep for the newbie, in practical terms you can go way to far up the arse of the subject. We generally don't consider farmers evil as they don't kill humans and we consider humans as higher moral value than cows. Simple as. Some may find farmers evil if they're peta supporters, but they would be in a minority.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I don't rememeber what topics I talk about to be honest.

That's probably for the best tbh.

That's probably for the best tbh.

You lost me.

Have you been leaving voicemails again scanlas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wasn't referring specifically to the guy in the vid.

Have a read of some PUA sites, the main focus is to be dominant and that can seem intimidating when it's directed at a stranger.

These guys even have 'wingmen' to go in and disarm a male that's with the group already if he seems to be the 'alpha'

I think it's weird as shit, but each to their own

I wonder how women would react if someone approached them and explained the techniques been used by the PUAs while they're doing their thing

• Advertisement

Have you been leaving voicemails again scanlas?

I think you're the one sending me abusive private messages, I'd appreciate it if you stopped it, I haven't been rude to you.

You lost me.

It sounds as if you treat women like cows

Cows deserve respect too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

"he treats objects like... women, man"

"he treats objects like... women, man"

Off topic.

Honestly? So what if the guy screwed up or went off on one on another site? Funny yes, buuurn and all that, but show me someone who hasn't fcuked up or made an ass of himself going through life and I'll show you a very boring individual. If he's improving himself or even trying to do so, no matter how misguided it may seem to others, I say fine. It's more than most do. It's certainly no reason to get really personal. Says more about someone doing that than the object of it. My 2 cents anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Honestly? So what if the guy screwed up or went off on one on another site? Funny yes, buuurn and all that, but show me someone who hasn't fcuked up or made an ass of himself going through life and I'll show you a very boring individual. If he's improving himself or even trying to do so, no matter how misguided it may seem to others, I say fine. It's more than most do. My 2 cents anyway.

Hitler?

Godwins law invoked twice on a thread about chatting up women? Must be a record. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Whether you think what he teaches is rubbish or not he's a decent guy just doing his job and helping people.

Ya, and charging exorbitant fees for the privilege. Some people are just idiots. The main ideas and 'techniques' come across as downright predatory, especially since in the videos you linked to the females being targeted are generally fairly píssed.

Honestly? So what if the guy screwed up or went off on one on another site? Funny yes, buuurn and all that, but show me someone who hasn't fcuked up or made an ass of himself going through life and I'll show you a very boring individual. If he's improving himself or even trying to do so, no matter how misguided it may seem to others, I say fine. It's more than most do. It's certainly no reason to get really personal. Says more about someone doing that than the object of it. My 2 cents anyway.

From the descriptions on this thread, it sounds as if it may run beyond a simple f*ck up on his part, funny though it may be. Surely there are better ways to 'self-improvement'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

From the descriptions on this thread, it sounds as if it may run beyond a simple f*ck up on his part

It appears that he goes into a fit of rage when he doesn't pick up a woman who he can cheat on his girlfriend with, he hates "going home alone" after these scripted rehearsed "pickup tactics" fail on him and he doesn't get to have sex with a woman he picked up that night.

And he has a girlfriend.

Harpie wrote: »
    Ya, and charging exorbitant fees for the privilege. Some people are just idiots. The main ideas and 'techniques' come across as downright predatory, especially since in the videos you linked to the females being targeted are generally fairly píssed.
    I would somewhat agree. I don't have an issue with charging a fee for a service even in the arena of self improvement. Psychologists charge, personal trainers charge, etc. I do have an issue with what is being taught. At least some of it and I have an issue with who is being targeted by this stuff. Like fad diets, desperate people will be attached to it. Often unhealthily.

As for predatory, yes much of it is. Much of it is faking a personality, or lauding one style of personality over another. This alpha guff which is popular in the states. When you see a man trying this it does grate, but more often is laughable.

I would say however that men and women "fake" a lot of the time when trying to meet and engage the opposite sex. A lot of women while appearing more passive are very active in "fakery" to some degree or other. They just call it fashion, etc. They wear clothes when out to accentuate their best features hide what they may consider their worst. Makeup, hair etc comes along for the ride. That's grand and welcome and it makes them feel more comfortable and confident socially. I see nothing at all wrong with that. Men do it to some degree, but not to the same extent.

There can also be much subterfuge personality wise too. Naturally. Everyone seeks to again accentuate their good points and hide their bad until the deal is done so to speak.

If a guy hasn't learned this by trial and error, then I don't really see a problem with him learning by a more structured means. It's all a question of proportion. Like fashion too. A woman getting a nice hairdo or wearing nice clothes or looking after her fitness or popping in some chicken fillets to help in the chest dept. is all good. If the same woman is phobic about being seen without makeup or gets heavy into plastic surgery that's where it gets dodgy. Ditto for this whole PUA lark.

If a guy learns to relax around women, to be a little more confident without turning into a twat, to treat women not as objects of mystery and adulation, but as equals, to spruce up his fashion sense and to have a more active social life, he will get more female attention. He'll also have more chance making a relationship work.

That's all good, but if he goes too far down this to the point where scoring is the object, where showing off his notches on his bedposts, where he bases his value on this "ability", where this becomes an end in itself and when it's couched in BS terms and amateur hour psychology and philosophy then this is where it gets out of proportion. A lot of the so called PUA guru types I've perused are defo in this camp(frankly some of them come across as unbelievably mentally delicate narrow minded chumps). Or at least are pushing that as a selling point. That's the issue I have.
    efla wrote:
    From the descriptions on this thread, it sounds as if it may run beyond a simple f*ck up on his part, funny though it may be. Surely there are better ways to 'self-improvement'?
    Oh I am quite sure there are, but in a sea of seemingly self evident and often conflicting advice I'm not surprised people are or become conflicted. I do think a lot of the reason this PUA meme holds sway and becomes single minded for people is that for someone who has had no clue, it appears and indeed does "work". IMHO it works for mostly different reasons than the PUA types tend to think. It's like the old saying among fishermen, "you won't catch fish with your bait in the boat". If a guy has never approached a woman in his life, then does and approaches a number of them, he will get some results. Of course he will and for 90% of the PUA followers, this simple fact is what gets results. They're throwing their bait in the water.

Oh I am quite sure there are, but in a sea of seemingly self evident and often conflicting advice I'm not surprised people are or become conflicted. I do think a lot of the reason this PUA meme holds sway and becomes single minded for people is that for someone who has had no clue, it appears and indeed does "work". IMHO it works for mostly different reasons than the PUA types tend to think. It's like the old saying among fishermen, "you won't catch fish with your bait in the boat". If a guy has never approached a woman in his life, then does and approaches a number of them, he will get some results. Of course he will and for 90% of the PUA followers, this simple fact is what gets results. They're throwing their bait in the water.

Maybe so, but he sounds as if he is a rejection away from digging under his patio

I dunno. The web and forums therein are an easy place to let out the fleeting dodgy thoughts damn near all of us have, but rarely express. Doesn't mean that's our default setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Honestly? So what if the guy screwed up or went off on one on another site? Funny yes, buuurn and all that, but show me someone who hasn't fcuked up or made an ass of himself going through life and I'll show you a very boring individual.

Enjoy the best thread on the internet. ever.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=614033

snyper wrote: »
    Enjoy the best thread on the internet. ever.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=614033

Was just randomly browsing there and came across this hilarious thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118451591

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

There's no way I'm reading 6000 posts...but the photoshop jobs on the first few pages brought the laffo.

*scrolls down*

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=372633181&postcount=339

I actually cant stop laughing those forums are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Am i missing something? Is there a connection between Scanlas's post and theses two threads? Am I just slow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

starflake wrote: »
    Am i missing something? Is there a connection between Scanlas's post and theses two threads? Am I just slow :(

we at the internets aim to confuse

Advertisement