Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

log-in issues

Options

Comments

I've the exact same problem. Every time I click on another link (be it into another forum or whatever) I've to sign in. Took me 3 sign ins to post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A single thread visit will log me out again, or a refresh. Started today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Same here.

Any time I use the search function (searching my previous posts) I'm logged out. Happened first at 5a.m Saturday morning and is now still doing it (Saturday night).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Still happening here ... 3 log-ins to post this!!!!
    forgot to mention in earlier post- cant read new posts either

its stuck on 3.29 yesterday morning
    cant see any subbed menu either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Same here .I am stuck on posts at 3.30 pm yesterday .

Problem seems to be across the whole of boards .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Can anyone explain whats wrong or when its likely to be fixed?? Very annoying!!

peanuthead wrote: »
    Can anyone explain whats wrong or when its likely to be fixed?? Very annoying!!

Yes its bloody annoying alright

i gave up on boards yesterday and seems the same today :confused:

Edit: just saw this ...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=228

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There are problems but nobody is on to fix them. Ross and Conor will be back tommrow who will then probably address these issues.

I've found a simple solution:

When you're logging in, tick the "keep me logged in" box.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I've found a simple solution:

When you're logging in, tick the "keep me logged in" box.

I assume most folk did that anyway?

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    I assume most folk did that anyway?

I never have, anyway. It has always kept me signed in anyway (until I deleted cookies or closed my browser). I'd imagine that most of the users complaining about the constant sign-outs haven't ticked the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Slave DB was out of sync, fixed.

Seems to be at the same thing again for a few hours

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

minxie wrote: »
    Seems to be at the same thing again for a few hours

From approximately 1610 to 1645 the slave fell behind today. As of 1700 it was definitely all caught up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

IRLConor wrote: »
    From approximately 1610 to 1645 the slave fell behind today. As of 1700 it was definitely all caught up.
    What is causing it to fall behind these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Jonathan wrote: »
    What is causing it to fall behind these days?

There were a bunch of stuck queries on the master at approx 1600 yesterday. I killed a few of them. Sometimes when you kill a query on the master the slave detects it and stops syncing.

Ideally, I'd watch the slave for a while after killing a query on the master so that I could spot if it stopped syncing but in the circumstances where I'm killing queries I'm not really in a position to babysit the slave. :)

There's some better monitoring in place now, so I should be alerted in <= 5 minutes of the slave stopping syncing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement