Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Affordable bras

• 15-08-2009 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Know where to get some decent affordable bras? used to shop in la senza or topshop for undies but with money being tight i switched to Penneys but the bras i have bought in there have all turned over at the top like a lip so i don't wear them anymore :rolleyes: anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I like marks and sparks bras. They're not as cheap as penneys but they're very good.

Also dunnes do some good ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I got two bras for 7 euro in the sale in New Look recently and they're definitely the best ones I've had in ages, really comfy and supportive and pretty too! Might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Look out for the 8 euro ones in La Senza, some of my favourite ones have come from that sale! Failing that, the No Romeo range in Dunnes is good, but only goes up to a C cup! (discrimination yes?!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Arnotts still have some bras left in their sale, I'd say Debenhams do as well. You'll get really great quality bras for half the price. Sizes are limited, but you might be lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Marks and sparks do great quality ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

H&M bras are great. Hand washing always makes bras last longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I bought a two pack of Marks and Spencers bras for €4 (!!) in the sales a few months ago. Best bras I've ever bought. They fit like a dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I've had a marks and spencers bra for the last 4 years... and its still PERFECT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

2 bras for €8 in Tesco or lingerie bras about €8 each.

Also this range:

http://www.clothingattesco.com/diamondboutique.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Cupcake Girl

Marks and spencers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

woah this is hot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

woah this is hot...

Fashion and Appearance isn't here for you to get your jollies. Don't post again if it's going to be like that.

TKMaxx is great for good cheaper underwear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh and I think Tesco bras are brilliant. You can find some really pretty ones they and they are SO comfy. And so cheap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Avon do a great range of bra's for €9.75 in skintone, black and white. Very comfy and flattering. Plus, if you order them and you dont like them or you need to change the size, you dont need to pay til your satisfied!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

I second (or third) Tesco, their sizings are spot on, and the quality is comparable with much more expensive brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I find Marks n Spencer fit me really well and I picked up some cheap bras and knicks in the Debhenams sale. Don't rate La Senza at all. Just wait for sales and stock up!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 milklady

defo try dunnes they have some really nice ones,if u like la senza why not try ebay?u alay get people having put stuff up there that maybe bought and grew out of?? i would buy white bras in dunnes and if i wan tcolourful or going out bras defo m&s,topshop or la senza.pennys are okbut they wash crap,would do for during the week though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I'm going to throw in another thumbs-up for Marks & Sparks, they're relatively cheap, they last and they do a pretty good range of sizes (down as far as 30 in Limited Collection, possibly even 28, and up as far as a 44J according to their website). One thing I would say though is not to get measured in M&S, practice may have changed sinc eI was last measured there, but I spent years in the common band too large/cup too small club because of getting measured there.

I don't rate La Senza at all for 'investment' bras, they have some lovely designs but for day to day wear the quality isn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Liquorice wrote: »
    I'm going to throw in another thumbs-up for Marks & Sparks, they're relatively cheap, they last and they do a pretty good range of sizes (down as far as 30 in Limited Collection, possibly even 28, and up as far as a 44J according to their website). One thing I would say though is not to get measured in M&S, practice may have changed sinc eI was last measured there, but I spent years in the common band too large/cup too small club because of getting measured there.

I don't rate La Senza at all for 'investment' bras, they have some lovely designs but for day to day wear the quality isn't great.

Me too! Went to debenhams not so long ago up north and got measured there and they were great! Spent loads of time trying different sizes just to make sure I had the right one.

Not a fan of La Senza either myself. Find their sizing kinda funny too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

an online shop called delrys sell some good ones and also do all the plus sizes they range from A-G cup its www.delrys.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

New look have some really decent ones in the sale rails and that. Also love marks and spencers collection cheap and good lasting imo

• Registered Users Posts: 34 looney-toone

New Look or Marks and Sparks are the most reliable, look out for the special offers!! Cant go wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Yeah same prob with the penneys one here! No Romeo in dunnes is great & tesco have launched a new brand line of underwear Diamond Boutique, got two in the sale & they are brill!

Advertisement