Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doolin on a Tuesday, we need some craic and vegetarian food

• 15-08-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey everyone!

I'll be in Doolin with my sister Tuesday night as we stay there in between our way from the Aran Islands to the Cliffs of Moher. I am looking for some recommendations for a place to eat with reasonable vegetarian food because they are kinda hard to find :)
    Id also appreciate some recommendations for a nice pub after :)
    Thanks very much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Just as there's a Doolin related topic here at the moment (sorry, I don't know the place well enough to make recommendations) I thought I'd mention was reading a Quentin Tarrantino interview and he was there in 1995 apparently. Said he heard a load of screaming and shouting, was curious and went on the lash in a selection of pubs around there with the locals to celebrate Clare's first all-Ireland hurling victory in 80 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

I wasn't in Doolin for some time but remember I had a very good meal at Cullinan's. At least I think it was Cullinan's, just went along with some friends to a place by the river without noticing the name. I don't eat meat so I had a lovely salmon dish there.
    All the restaurants have at least one vegetarian option, and the three famous pubs serve meals, too. If you eat fish than you'll be fine anyway.

The three pubs in Doolin: The most touristy (if there is anything more touristy as Doolin as such) and most likely to have some music on is O'Connor's, the one I like most ist McGann's. It's smaller and more villagey. McDermott's is just across the road from McGann's, O'Connor's is a bit to walk from there.

For details check the website: http://www.doolin-tourism.com/rest.html

Advertisement