Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post sorting office

Options
  • 15-08-2009 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Need to ring these people, but cant find a number on Golden Pages, local numbers, anything. Its probably me being incompetent though.

Anyone got a phone number for this crowd?? Damn parcels not being delivered :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I had a number, I'll see can I find it, but I wouldn't hold my breath, from my experience they barely ever answer the phone down there.
    Think they're closed on Saturdays too.

Maybe ring the main office in town, they might have the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I had a totally different experience from the above poster. Had a parcel that wasn't delivered, rang the main sorting office and the guy I spoke to took my number and rang me back twice eventually having tracked it down to the office in Athlone.

Think I rang the office in town to get their number, that or 11811.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You will get through if you persist, there's only one person on the desk and a lot of the time they're out looking for a parcel.

OP, if it's a thing you weren't in when they tried to deliver and popped a slip through the door you're going to have to go collect it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Thing is that last time I did that they told me specifically that you could put an alternate address on the slip, post it to the sorting office, and that they'd send the package onto that address. I did all that, and now my parcel seems to have vanished. I want to ring them to find out if they still have it before I haul ass over to the Tuam road at lunchtime one day.

Why they cant be open on a bloody Saturday I'll never know. Its ridiculous; I know they sort there on weekends becuase I used to work in the sorting office in Cork.

Advertisement