Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom wireless dropping connection

Options
  • 15-08-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Since yesterday having a problem with my wireless. It just suddenly drops signal, asks me to reconnect and then the speed and strength are way down, making connecting to the internet impossible.
    Just wondering is there a way I can find out if this is an eircom problem or a problem with the router (netopia) which I have both turned off and reset to no avail?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try changing wireless channel and see if it helps, login on 192.168.0.254, click wireless, then click advanced and change channel. This is the easiest thing to change first and it requires no changes to the laptop

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

To find out if it is an Eircom problem you have to connect by ethernet and see if your connection is dropping.

If your connection isnt stable then check your line stats.

If your connection is stable check and see if there are any other wireless networks in the area. Netstumbler will do this for you.

Advertisement