Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas attacks "Warriors of God"

Options
  • 15-08-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭

Looks like Hamas are back to getting rid of anyone else that might challenge their authority, killing 22 in their latest shootout on the Gaza strip. One bunch of beardy madmen in balaclavas going after another bunch of beardy madmen in balaclavas...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8202956.stm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No doubt they have their supporters over here.

These 'experts' on Middle East politics will assuredly spring up soon enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They are really in the long run dooming themselves.
    Kill off the moderates and what's left is more of the extremists.
    Israel will then have further excuse not to talk to them, go in hard yet again and try to wipe them from the face of the earth.
    The sad losers really of it all will be the civilians whom are present in a no win situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

At least the extremists have been dealt with.

Looks like Hamas did the right thing because if this group gained a foothold, it would give the West an excuse to act against Gaza as a 'zone of terror' and more importantly would have given Israel suuport from the wider West to deal with an 'Islamist' type Taliban regime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I would support Israel's stance against any terrorist organisation which uses the general public as cover for rocket launching into their territory.

A state cannot sit back and see their citizens put in harms way by dissedents from over a border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

And a nation cannot sit back and see their citizens put in harms way by another state from over a border.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

gurramok wrote: »
    And a nation cannot sit back and see their citizens put in harms way by another state from over a border.

Or anyone within their borders, either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

A state cannot allow itself to be put into an awful state by those from another state across the border of said state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A state ...blah blah blah.

Its a strange day when Hamas are the more moderate of two waring parties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Hamas attacked these people in a mosqe yet I dont see the usual palestinian supporters here calling for a boycott or the un to get there lazy ass in gear.

triple standards I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    Hamas attacked these people in a mosqe yet I dont see the usual palestinian supporters here calling for a boycott or the un to get there lazy ass in gear.

triple standards I tell ya!

They managed to not drop white phosphorous on half starved civilians for one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Only cos they don't have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

mike65 wrote: »
    Only cos they don't have any.

Sure, just as soon as the US gives them some.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Are you guys all posting using twitter or semaphore or something similar? If some of you start using multiple syllables, developed arguments and more than one sentence I may not close this in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Hamas killing islamic extremists? What's next, neo nazis defending the rights of Jews?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

sceptre wrote: »
    Are you guys all posting using twitter or semaphore or something similar? If some of you start using multiple syllables, developed arguments and more than one sentence I may not close this in the morning.
    Well, that was a complete waste of time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement