Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

browser wont load web pages after view video

• 15-08-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hello,
    I've a problem where my browser - all of them - I.E. Firefox Chrome - will not load a web page after a period of watching online video.
    The problem seems to be specific to HTTP. Because ftp sites arent a problem.

Today for example, i streamed for about 30 minutes of a football match, i streamed in a separate tab, sky sports news too. Frequently opening and closing other tabs loading news sites etc etc.. then closing them.

Eventually, the browser stops loading new pages. Its like a problem with the web connection, except its only web pages, ftp'ing to sites are fine and pinging sites are ok too.
    The video streaming page, will continue to load as long as i dont close the browser, but no new pages will open. If i close the tab streaming the video, then it will not re-open and browing will only happen again if i reboot.

I imaging its like, once i stream a certain amount of data, it runs out of some kind of http buffer or something.

Its as if the internet connection runs into problems. however, FTP sites seem ok.
    Also - pages i have locally running in IIS will not load. so it seems specific to HTTP.

This is vista...

cheers
    db

Advertisement